Dealing with anger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2011, 03:12 PM
RE: Dealing with anger
(05-02-2011 03:07 PM)omega21 Wrote:  Good advice. I will try to do a better job of not letting my anger control me, and do a better job of not letting others fuel it. I will remember what you said thanks.

No problem. The best idea is to accept what has anger you, control it, and let it go.

That worked for me.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2011, 03:14 PM
(05-02-2011 03:06 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I once almost got bullied. I'm not recommending it for everyone, I think it's more of a size thing, but anyway.

There was 5 guys who followed me around break times at high school shouting out various incarnations of "you are a fat shit", throwing food at me and such. After about a week of ignoring it I got one of my best friends and we both beat the living shit out of all 5 guys in the park outside school grounds.

I don't think they knew the difference between blobby fat and that kind of fat that's balanced with an equal amount of muscle xD

Or more recent people take the piss out of me because I dress outside of my age range. But usually I just take the piss back and twice as hard because I'm twice the size and twice the intelligence of them.

I understand where you are coming from. I hope that nobody is still verbally harassing you as nobody deserves that.
Find all posts by this user
05-02-2011, 03:32 PM
(05-02-2011 03:06 PM)omega21 Wrote:  
(05-02-2011 02:33 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  My cures come from others. Good friends or my good woman. Sometimes with a bottle of beer or two thrown in.
Might I ask Omega, what kind of harassment is going on?

Well they tell me that I am a loser for going to strip clubs all the time. I do go to strip clubs but it isn't their business that I enjoy going to them and why I go so often. Also they tease me for looking younger than most students on campus and that I will never get a girlfriend. They started when they found out I was an atheist go figure.
Ok, I had this reaction when I wondered if there was any physical harassment going on
(05-02-2011 02:52 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  BTW, my first reaction was, "just tell me who's harassing you and I'll kick their ass!" Um, ya, not the best reaction huh?
Odd about the strip club though. Around me, going to the strip club is kind of a right of passage. Everybody has been AT LEAST once, lol. Beyond that it's not a problem, just something that some people do and some people don't.
As far as dealing with the anger goes, there is something else I do, and my brother does as well, to an extreme: Work out. I find that my determination only gets fueled through my anger, and lifting feels great. As for my brother, he had some SERIOUS anger issues that were causing detriment to his daily life. He started working out about 3 1/2 years ago, many times as a pressure valve for his anger. It developed into a routine, an almost daily thing he did for his peace of mind. And the kid is ripped now. Not that you have to take it as far as he did. But anger can be fuel you use to run, lift, do cardio, etc, and the endorphins that are released will make you feel much better. And somehow, his anger seemed to slowly dissipate after about a solid year devoted to it. Just don't use your new-found strength to assault your harassers Smile

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
05-02-2011, 03:47 PM
I agree with the work out advice. I don't so much have a lot of anger as much as a lot of stress. It bottles up a little bit in the cold months but when it's warm I ride my bike. I ride and I ride and I ride. I ride for exercise of course, and I ride because I enjoy it but it is a tremendous stress outlet for me. I sometimes ride with people but I'll go out and climb into the hills near where I live and spend 4 hours out by myself just pedaling and pushing up hills. In the winter I do what I can and hit the gym and ride on a trainer but it's not quite the same, for me at least. But, exercise is a fantastic way to manager anger, stress, what have you.

Stark - sorry about your step daughter. Kids can be very cruel at times, and they often don't even understand what they are really doing. Maybe talk to the other parents about it? Not in a confrontational way but just to find out what is going on.

Omega - If I recall correctly you're in a fairly religious and Mormon area, correct? I'd expect that your correct about the atheist thing. I'm sure you're not alone, so probably best to seek out kindred spirits. And, as for looking young for your age, that comes in really handy when you get older. Think of it this way, in 20 years you'll probably look great and the guys bugging you will look like shit.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:It bottles up a little bit in the cold months but when it's warm I ride my bike. I ride and I ride and I ride. I ride for exercise of course, and I ride because I enjoy it but it is a tremendous stress outlet for me.
It's very relaxing to be able to just leave somewhere. Especially quiet long forest roads are good. On my last trip I went a little too far, and since I couldn't find a grocery store or a kebab place anywhere I was starving for the last 50 kilometers (I checked from google maps the total lenght of the trip: 100-125 kilometers). That's why I want a tent and food for my next trips, so I can freely go as far as I want inside the borders of EU.
Quote:There was 5 guys who followed me around break times at high school shouting out various incarnations of "you are a fat shit", throwing food at me and such. After about a week of ignoring it I got one of my best friends and we both beat the living shit out of all 5 guys in the park outside school grounds.
After months of ignoring, I sort of exploded and wiped the spit from my face to a beanie and rubbed it back to the spitter's face. That's pretty mild, you can call me a pussy, but it's the angriest I've ever been. The whole next lesson was just him advertising to everyone how he's gonna murder me in the next break. He did eventually attack me, but got his own ass kicked and fled.
But as a real Finn, he didn't learn anything and is still the worst asshole in town. His life's gonna suck when everyone else grows up.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
05-02-2011, 04:39 PM
(05-02-2011 03:14 PM)omega21 Wrote:  I understand where you are coming from. I hope that nobody is still verbally harassing you as nobody deserves that.

Actually constantly. Under 25s in the street can't handle that I wear a suit and hat xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
05-02-2011, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2011 05:41 PM by No J..)
(05-02-2011 03:47 PM)BnW Wrote:  Think of it this way, in 20 years you'll probably look great and the guys bugging you will look like shit.

This is true. I've seen this happen with many people.
Anyone who bullies another is showing everyone what a crappy person that they are. It is too bad that not enough people get it, or are too afraid to get together in a big group and put an end to the bullies actions. If a bully realizes that anytime he beats on someone twenty people will beat on him he will stop being a bully.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.