Dealing with my Muslim family; Advice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: Dealing with my Muslim family; Advice?
(01-06-2015 11:05 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Tell them once you have moved out.

Or not, depending on how you think they might react and whether they actually need to know. If you put sufficient physical distance between you and your family (for example, moving to a new city for a job) it might take most of the pressure off because you won't have someone in your home demanding that you pray or fast or go to the mosque.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: Dealing with my Muslim family; Advice?
(15-05-2015 12:04 PM)AtheistAl Wrote:  Hi all, I just made an account immediately after hearing of this site.

I don't know what to do, I feel trapped and isolated. I grew up in a very religious Muslim household in the middle east, and we moved to the west back in 2008. Ever since my youth I had strong doubts about Islam and religion in general, and I have been an atheist in secret for the past two years.

I don't know what to do about my family. I am very tired of pretending to be a Muslim just to keep the home peaceful. There is no way to just sit my parents down and talk to them about respecting my religious rights - to them, Islam is the only right religion and anyone else (even other sects) are going to hell. One time, my younger brother was telling me about some of his doubts, and our father heard us, we had to call the police that night.

I am stuck at home and can't move out, I am poor and so is my family. Lately, my parents - especially my mother - is putting a lot of pressure on me to start practicing again. They know I have 'infidel and satanic' ideas about religion but I have not told them that I am an atheist, as I honestly fear for my safety, and I have two younger siblings (not adults) and I don't want my parents to take them back to the middle east so that "they do not get corrupted".

So what do I do? I feel absolutely miserable and trapped, I have no one to talk to about my feelings and I feel trapped. On top of it all, Ramadan is coming up and my parents get even more hyper religious during that month...

Any advice on how to best deal with the situation would be appreciated. Thank you.
First sorry for your current deal and stay safe
2 try talking to you mom if you can
3 PORTECT YOUR SIBLINGS and if you have to call the polece I am from a very criston famly so I get what's happaning pls give us updates so we (or at least me)
can help you
Smile be safe
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply