Dear Forum users

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2013, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2013 05:09 PM by Atothetheist.)
Dear Forum users
I apologize. I apologize for my actions recently, and how many have interpreted them. I apologize for defending people that you think I shouldn't have, and I apologize if I seem to be siding on the side of strict rationality. I saw this issue as something for which people should put aside their personal baggage and discuss it with rational arguments, proofs, disproofs, and many other such commendable things in my opinion.

When I saw the way some people acted, good people, I got frustrated because the actions of those people were not the actions I thought they would take, and I treated them as such. I treated them as foreign, as unwelcome and as strange and irrational as some of the theists/trolls that come on here. I tried my best to separate the content from the user and to attack that content with the cold blade of rationality.

However, try as I must, my deep care for ALL human beings flared up when I saw people insulting others. I came in defense of those people, and I guess it came off as cold-hearted. I can't say that I wouldn't have done it again, but I still apologize for the fact that I opposed you.

I tried to treat this issue as one that should be divorced from emotions in trying to search for solutions. I had the task of trying to find the solutions to the problem without a. Compromising the integrity of the forum(or the integrity I believed it had had.) and b. seeming like I favored the rights over the "undesirables" over the rights of the long term members here that were crying out for a solution.

I realized this was in possible as I am human, and one of my moral codes is to aid those that are being treated unfairly. I sided with a side that most people disagreed with, and I apologize if I had said/did anything that you might have found offensive, obscene, or downright disgusting. Such was not my intention, but I realize that in order to be a honest, loved, and a respected human being, you have to apologize for the things that people had gotten out of your posts/words rather than only apologizing for the things you were putting in.

I apologize if it seemed that I was being cruel, and capricious. I apologize if I viciously attacked anybody, and I apologize if it seemed that I was demeaning a very painful part of your life that deserves sympathy/empathy and understanding. I can assure you, such was not the intention. I apologize if it seemed that I couldn't let things go, but I was trying to make it clear that it wasn't just the free speech issue that bugged me about it. I apologize if I reflected bad on the community, and caused others to shy away from it, because that is a blackmark on my character.

I apologize to Dom, who was only thinking about the well being of others, and I apologize to Deep, who made a mistake.

I hope that you accept my apology, and that the only reason I made it a public thread was because sending out a mass PM would have taken way too much time.

Again, I can't stress enough:

I am sorry.

-Steven.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Atothetheist's post
10-07-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Dear Forum users
[Image: tumblr_lo2zqb6h5P1qzsyre.gif]

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
10-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Thank you, Steven.

Thumbsup

You're an amazing kid.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-07-2013, 05:13 PM
Wow. Now that took guts! Clap

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
10-07-2013, 05:55 PM
It takes a secure person to admit when they're right!

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 1 user Likes Question's post
10-07-2013, 07:54 PM
(10-07-2013 05:55 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  It takes a secure person to admit when they're right!

If Hughsie didn't already put that in the words to remember thread, I would have.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
10-07-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't want to assume anything and just want to clarify....

Am I still the bitch in your crosshairs or are we cool now?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-07-2013, 09:05 PM
(10-07-2013 08:59 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I don't want to assume anything and just want to clarify....

Am I still the bitch in your crosshairs or are we cool now?

You aren't in my crosshairs.

10-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Much respect, man. Hug
10-07-2013, 09:21 PM