Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2013, 02:28 AM
RE: Dear Forum users
Well said Smile
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2013, 02:40 AM
Bullshit, don't apologize for going against the grain.
You were arguing for free speech, don't apologize because people couldn't see this.
Yes the subject sucked and was a little close to home for some people but it was still free speech.

It's big of you to apologize though, I'm sure you probably did say some things that warranted an apology but I'm sure you weren't the only one.
I suspect you'll be the only one making an apology though Dodgy which says something about your character. Don't let others dictate your character for you though Ato, it's fine as is.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
11-07-2013, 03:06 AM
It is nice to apologize, it makes you a bigger man, but also if you want keep your side up, there is no need to apologize. If you think you are right, stick to it.

What muffs said.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
11-07-2013, 04:28 AM
(11-07-2013 02:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Bullshit, don't apologize for going against the grain.
You were arguing for free speech, don't apologize because people couldn't see this.
Yes the subject sucked and was a little close to home for some people but it was still free speech.

It's big of you to apologize though, I'm sure you probably did say some things that warranted an apology but I'm sure you weren't the only one.
I suspect you'll be the only one making an apology though Dodgy which says something about your character. Don't let others dictate your character for you though Ato, it's fine as is.

This.

You shouldn't feel the need to apologise. I feel like there were other people who owe an apology far more than you, man, but you probably won't catch them doing it. You stood up for what you believe and that deserves respect.

[Image: opforum1.png]
11-07-2013, 04:35 AM
(11-07-2013 02:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Bullshit, don't apologize for going against the grain.

It was his decision, muffs. I don't expect anyone else to apologize if they don't feel as though they would mean it.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
11-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Still, to keep the peace, to make friends, to be a bigger person, one sometimes needs to let go of his own feelings and do something for his fellow ... forum members.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
11-07-2013, 07:01 AM
He never apologized for his position and his ideals. He apologized how he communicated them. He made no compromises. It takes a big person to realize that he was capable of communicating in a more gentle way... and it takes an even bigger man to admit this.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post
11-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Steven, you are one heck of an impressive young man!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
11-07-2013, 07:57 AM

He WAS NOT DEFENDING ULTIMATE FREE SPEECH. He told me his own limits on the subject of free speech when I asked. He was fighting for the potential insight into a disease that is widely misunderstood.

Besides, he apologized for the seemingly lack of empathy, not his stance. He made that clear when he stated that he probably wouldn't have changed anything on his stance if he could go back.

You're an awesome kid Ato. I have to say "kid" because it's absolutely inspiring that someone of your young age has the kind of mind that you do. Keep your head up and fight the good fight. Even if we might butt heads once in a while Thumbsup

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like NoahsFarce's post