Dear Islam(the religion)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: Dear Islam(the religion)
I like that guy's rant. No idea who the man is, but I mostly agreed with what he had to say here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2012, 09:25 PM
(20-09-2012 09:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wow this guy is fantastic.
Watched a couple of his other videos, he's brilliant.

Say's it how it is, doesn't beat around the bush, straight to the point.

I think you miss the point slightly DLJ, I think these are just more of rants about how the world sucks rather then an attempt to persuade anyone.

Point not missed, me ol' mucker, me ol' mate.

Rants have their place and certainly Pat has been talked about even as far out as Singapore (my local secular talking shop) so I know that he has got people thinking and people can be persuaded but mainly I think it polarises.

I'm just saying that he's a bit right-wing (Telegraph) for my taste. Not right-wing in the GOP sense.

I admit that I am a victim of my upbringing here. I went to a CofE grammar school in Berkshire so my peers were mainly "fuck the poor" kinda upper-middle class types. My dad came from a Welsh coalmining background so I read Marx before I read the bible.

Just sayin'.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-09-2012, 09:35 PM
He is a bit right winged I did notice that in his other videos, but I think he has good points about Islam and other issues.

edit: and damnit DLJ, always 1 point a head arnt you!

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-09-2012, 09:37 PM
(20-09-2012 09:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  He is a bit right winged I did notice that in his other videos, but I think he has good points about Islam and other issues.

edit: and damnit DLJ, always 1 point a head arnt you!

On this, we agree.

(I notice you are catching up with your rep points. Soon I will have to bow down before you)

20-09-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm surprised nobody has made an embassy joke yet.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-09-2012, 12:03 AM
(20-09-2012 11:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm surprised nobody has made an embassy joke yet.

I was tempted to make an embassy joke but I think it would have gone down in flames.

Undecided

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
21-09-2012, 12:09 AM
You clever bastard.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-09-2012, 12:21 AM
(20-09-2012 06:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 06:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Anything in that particular video that was not to your tastes?

I rarely disagree with his conclusions and certainly I have no problem with this vid.

It's the style that I think is possibly counter-productive as it is potentially polarising. Hitch's use of irony challenged his listeners to think critically... Pat's use of sarcasm invokes something more visceral.

I'm not saying that he should be censored, of course, for hate speech... I just think he is only preaching to the converted.

This kinda vid, not that I have checked the claims therein, is likely to have greater effect.

I noted no sarcasm in his video. This is the only one of his i have seen.
His delivery was straightforward and simple.

The video you posted was, in my opinion, far more inflammatory. And possibly more effective.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2012, 12:23 AM
(20-09-2012 11:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm surprised nobody has made an embassy joke yet.

Maybe nobody thinks this is no laughing matter. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-09-2012, 12:38 AM
(21-09-2012 12:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  I noted no sarcasm in his video. This is the only one of his i have seen.
His delivery was straightforward and simple.

The video you posted was, in my opinion, far more inflammatory. And possibly more effective.

No
Are you being ironic?

From "show their sensitive side" onwards, it's laden with heavy sarcasm. Pat is a master at the wry smile (admirably so).

Check out his other vids and you'll see what I mean.

Any observer of e.g. Thunderf00t must have stumbled across Pat, surely Ohmy

The one I posted was to show a contrast between an opinion piece (which has validity as such) and something that has verifiable facts.

I dunno, what do youz guyz think?
Which one makes you feel "fuck yeah! You tell 'em, dude!" and which one makes you question what you think you already know.