Dear Islam(the religion)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2012, 08:49 PM
RE: Dear Islam(the religion)
It's probly cos they called him a bastard.

Doesn't really matter as they're only using it as another reason to incite hatred and violence.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I rabidly dislike this video do to the acerbic flavor of sterotyping and its promotion of hatred. What tragic content. It saps my strength; it breaks me.
On sterotyping: All Muslems are nasty, vile people. All Black Women are angry. All men who show feminine atributes are gay. All fat people are funny. Come on!

As much as I hate this video, I would fight to the teeth to protect it to insure freedom of speech .
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post
21-09-2012, 10:44 PM
(21-09-2012 08:40 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Geez, do I have to be in the minority of atheists yet again?

I hated the video. He's eloquent to be sure, but filled with irrationality. He made several stereotypical references to Muslims ("taking time from beating their wives...") and made several exaggerations ("the biggest such and such in the world!"). He played the Nazi card. It has been said that every debate will eventually devolve to someone making a comparison to the Nazis, and that person has lost the debate because they've run out of reason. We're on the right side of this debate. Why is the irrationality of the Muslim debaters being matched with irrationality? We don't have to stoop so low to make our point -- it's a solid point!!!

Yea because civil rationality works with these people...

It's like someone can't make a stereotypical reference any more without someone jumping down their throat. Of course he doesn't mean every single muslim beats their 20 wives. But it is a stereotype for a reaosn and further more he was using it to get his point across.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
22-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Using stereotypes to get a point accross that a group of people are nasty, stupid, mean, and a waste of breth is irrational. The argument is as unsound as the statement, "and they will have to like it," so there!
22-09-2012, 01:08 AM
How is it irrational?

He used the stereotype as a point that Islam promotes (or at the very least, condones) such activities as wife beatings and rape and child sex and shit like that, thus the point that Islam sucks balls.
It's not an irrational way to make the argument, it's completely valid.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
22-09-2012, 01:31 AM
(22-09-2012 01:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...

Loud-mouthed, out-spoken, hot-tempered, reactionary, competitive, forthright, recalcitrant and hubristic.

22-09-2012, 01:49 AM
(22-09-2012 12:12 AM)depat Wrote:  Using stereotypes to get a point accross that a group of people are nasty, stupid, mean, and a waste of breth is irrational. The argument is as unsound as the statement, "and they will have to like it," so there!

All stereotypes are disgusting.
See the irony there?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-09-2012, 01:51 AM
(22-09-2012 12:12 AM)depat Wrote:  Using stereotypes to get a point accross that a group of people are nasty, stupid, mean, and a waste of breth is irrational. The argument is as unsound as the statement, "and they will have to like it," so there!

(22-09-2012 01:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 01:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...

Loud-mouthed, out-spoken, hot-tempered, reactionary, competitive, forthright, recalcitrant and hubristic.

Earmuffs is correct in this sense. Any country with an Islamic country over 50% experience Islamic violence every year. Islamic-produced violence.

22-09-2012, 01:54 AM
(21-09-2012 08:40 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Geez, do I have to be in the minority of atheists yet again?

I hated the video. He's eloquent to be sure, but filled with irrationality. He made several stereotypical references to Muslims ("taking time from beating their wives...") and made several exaggerations ("the biggest such and such in the world!"). He played the Nazi card. It has been said that every debate will eventually devolve to someone making a comparison to the Nazis, and that person has lost the debate because they've run out of reason. We're on the right side of this debate. Why is the irrationality of the Muslim debaters being matched with irrationality? We don't have to stoop so low to make our point -- it's a solid point!!!

How is this irrational? Furthermore, when has a rational action ever been successful with Islam? Show me where you can reason with Islamists. Show me where there has been a successful negotiation with Muslims under Shariah Law. You can't reason with unreasonable people.

Now I am not saying that replying with more unreason is the answer, but you have yet to point out why anything Pat Condel said is unreasonable.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
22-09-2012, 02:04 AM
(22-09-2012 01:49 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

All stereotypes are disgusting.
See the irony there?

I know it's unlike me to be pedantic but

(... that's irony!)

You were generalising. Stereotyping is a form of generalisation but not all generalisations are form of stereotyping.

Pat Condell, as it happens, does both.