Dear Presidential voters...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2012, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2012 08:27 PM by Diablo666.)
RE: Dear Presidential voters...
(05-09-2012 09:00 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(05-09-2012 08:48 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  I think you are missing the point of how moot a president can be.

The office hasn't earned the nickname of the bully pulpit without reason. The president's veto pen is very powerful. The president has the power to nominate all the key positions of his cabinet (with Senate oversight of course) and direct federal agencies. I agree that the House and Senate are very important. The sex scandal crap was a problem, but the GOP otherwise made Clinton better on policy than if he didn't have them to hold his policies in check. And Clinton prevented the GOP from getting too crazy with the exercise of his veto pen.

Its called a lame duck....its not a new concept.
Did you even take high school civics?

Pathetic.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2012, 08:38 PM
(08-09-2012 08:15 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(05-09-2012 09:00 PM)BryanS Wrote:  The office hasn't earned the nickname of the bully pulpit without reason. The president's veto pen is very powerful. The president has the power to nominate all the key positions of his cabinet (with Senate oversight of course) and direct federal agencies. I agree that the House and Senate are very important. The sex scandal crap was a problem, but the GOP otherwise made Clinton better on policy than if he didn't have them to hold his policies in check. And Clinton prevented the GOP from getting too crazy with the exercise of his veto pen.

Its called a lame duck....its not a new concept.
Did you even take high school civics?

Pathetic.

Le sigh...

Arguments with out ad homs works much better.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
08-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I am sorry, but if he doesn't even know a basic civics principle then he has no right to dictate anything in a political forum. Ask questions, sure. So, Bryan go ahead and ask your questions, and we will be more than obliged to help you understand.
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo666's post
08-09-2012, 11:22 PM
(08-09-2012 09:00 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  I am sorry, but if he doesn't even know a basic civics principle then he has no right to dictate anything in a political forum. Ask questions, sure. So, Bryan go ahead and ask your questions, and we will be more than obliged to help you understand.

I don't need to learn from someone who throws up straw-man arguments and relies on ad hominem attacks.

Who was talking about lame duck presidencies? I referred to a post about Obama's inability to do a deal on the budget over a year ago. You think a president who is up for re-election is a lame duck two years before he runs for his second term?

Someone needs a civics lesson, but it isn't me.
10-09-2012, 10:00 AM
"Politicians lie not because they're evil, but because they say what voters want to hear. So it's we who are the problem." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2012, 11:45 AM
(05-09-2012 08:09 PM)BryanS Wrote:  My point is leadership matters a lot as well. Here is a current story about Bob Woodward's up and coming book that explores the budget negotiations between Boehner and Obama. I'll highlight some of the wonderful examples of leadership from this president:

Bob Woodward. Hmm..???

After reading the article, I had to go look him up. I was wondering why someone would go out of their way to wrongly characterize a situation, in what looked like an attempt to make Obama look bad. And I'm not always right, but when something looks like a scam or a fraud, it might be one. I ended up finding a pretty credible character witness for this Woodward guy: Christopher Hitchens, one of my favs., described him as a "stenographer to the rich and powerful". Ohhh, so he has done this before; imagine that.

It must be nice to be these people. That's all I'm going to say. It must be nice.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
(10-09-2012 10:00 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  "Politicians lie not because they're evil, but because they say what voters want to hear. So it's we who are the problem." -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Neil Tyson is a great guy, but that quote is a bit ridiculous.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Yah that quote is shit. Its the victim's fault for being lied to? Thats like rapist saying the slut was asking for it.
Just because a famous and/or smart person said something does not automatically make it a great quote.
10-09-2012, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2012 03:42 PM by TrainWreck.)
(10-09-2012 01:35 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  Yah that quote is shit. Its the victim's fault for being lied to? Thats like rapist saying the slut was asking for it.
Just because a famous and/or smart person said something does not automatically make it a great quote.
No, no, no. Constituents are not victims, and they are being represented fairly - stupid constituents have stupid representatives. And lying dishonest constituents have lying dishonest representatives. The corruptions of the government trickle down in the forms of bloated government contracts, easy money jobs for our ignorant population (affirmative action), and various subsequent corruptions.

In the over-all situation, the problem stems from the inefficiencies of a two hundred-year-old constitution, written when their was no science of sociology, economics, and psychology; and the main problem was trying to get governments away from theocratic, or otherwise, authoritarian rulerships.

We need a new constitution that better describes the technical qualifications for the political offices, so we don't elect fancy talkers like Clinton, and empty suits like Obama, who cannot supervise his appointments because of his lack of expertise and ability to learn; but rather, we should elect, economists like Bush, Romney, and Ryan.

You atheists cannot figure this out because you only see things through the lens of your obsession about the candidates' religion, and you are not smart enough to realize that; yes, it is the economy, stupid. It has always been about the economy - how do you keep a community going?

I'll give you a clue; it is not God that drives commerce.

ROTFLMAO

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
10-09-2012, 03:31 PM
(10-09-2012 03:29 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  You atheists cannot figure this out because you only see thing through the lens of your obsession about the candidates' religion.

You are sadly mistaken about that assumption, kid.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post