Dear you immoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2012, 09:43 AM
RE: Dear you amoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters
(22-02-2012 09:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pfff...so you're saying you'll only go so far for your convictions. I see how it is. Dodgy

Arbitrarily going to a new church is fruitless. Especially, if it's not close.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2012, 09:51 AM
(22-02-2012 09:43 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 09:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Pfff...so you're saying you'll only go so far for your convictions. I see how it is. Dodgy

Arbitrarily going to a new church is fruitless. Especially, if it's not close.

Obviously I'm not aware of where churches are in your locality, but I wouldn't call checking out other churches arbitrary if you're trying to find churches that teach your pet doctrine. I grew up in a "pet doctrine" denomination and it's not unheard of to drive a couple of hours to go where there are like-minded folks. Your theology isn't unique, but it isn't common, so you may have to make an effort to find a Reformed congregation that feels right.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-02-2012, 10:01 AM
(22-02-2012 09:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Obviously I'm not aware of where churches are in your locality, but I wouldn't call checking out other churches arbitrary if you're trying to find churches that teach your pet doctrine. I grew up in a "pet doctrine" denomination and it's not unheard of to drive a couple of hours to go where there are like-minded folks. Your theology isn't unique, but it isn't common, so you may have to make an effort to find a Reformed congregation that feels right.

It's not that I need to find "like-minded" people; it's the fact that this church is so afraid of an open doctrine that they will do their best to quell any whisper about it.

I have a few local churches in mind (Southern Baptist). I could NEVER see the pastor(s) doing something like this there.

22-02-2012, 10:06 AM
(22-02-2012 10:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 09:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Obviously I'm not aware of where churches are in your locality, but I wouldn't call checking out other churches arbitrary if you're trying to find churches that teach your pet doctrine. I grew up in a "pet doctrine" denomination and it's not unheard of to drive a couple of hours to go where there are like-minded folks. Your theology isn't unique, but it isn't common, so you may have to make an effort to find a Reformed congregation that feels right.

It's not that I need to find "like-minded" people; it's the fact that this church is so afraid of an open doctrine that they will do their best to quell any whisper about it.

I have a few local churches in mind (Southern Baptist). I could NEVER see the pastor(s) doing something like this there.

My rendition of Jeremy:
[Image: 1047444azmp81le1x.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-02-2012, 05:40 PM
(21-02-2012 05:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welp... met with the educational minister today.

We had a two hour conversation, and I explained my theology to him.

I am now forbidden to teach anymore in the church.

lol...

I figured they would do that. Sorry. Undecided

Have you seen a film called Higher Ground? It's really very good.
I recommend you see it and pay close attention to what happens when someone who tries to express their personal interpretation of faith, within what they feel is a group of like minded folk. It's very subtle... but still, I'd hate to see anyone go through such crap.

I really loved this film - it was quite moving. If it's any consolation, the star Vera Farmiga is exceptionally beautiful and it's an extremely sensitive and truthful view of faith and the faithful.

I always wanted to ask you... didn't Jesus say something about each one finding his own way? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
24-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Man, see, this is the kinda shit I'm so glad I don't have to put up with anymore. Your well-reasoned argument is not only wrong, but BANNED. Because I'm the leader and I SAY SO.

At least here you just get mocked and called out on bullshit. Not told to shut up completely. Wink

I mean, you're not He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
08-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Haha, yet another update.

I've been invited to the Sunday School's forum to which serves as a platform for discussions that may arise. Think I'm going to avoid this one.

08-03-2012, 11:33 AM
(08-03-2012 11:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Haha, yet another update.

I've been invited to the Sunday School's forum to which serves as a platform for discussions that may arise. Think I'm going to avoid this one.

Wait what? Run that past me again. Sunday school is for kids right?
08-03-2012, 11:39 AM
(08-03-2012 11:33 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-03-2012 11:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Haha, yet another update.

Wait what? Run that past me again. Sunday school is for kids right?

No. SS is for everyone in the church. They are community groups composed of people who are near in age. We are taught Bible stuff and whatnot.

08-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Many churches have pre-church Sunday School classes for different age sets (depending on the size of the church). But I'm confused too, it's a forum? Are they trying to ambush you to save you from your heathenous thinking?
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post