Dear you immoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 11:07 AM
RE: Dear you amoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters
(12-04-2012 10:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 10:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Shame, all those poor predestined kiddies, growing up without the light that is Calvinism shining into their darkened little souls Big Grin You realise all that about being denied the right to speak at Sunday School was predestined right? God's just messing with you KC Wink
Or he's revealing something to me. Or teaching me.

That or he's developing my much needed patience with Christians.
cos you're really gonna need that patience in the next billion years, mainly for watching billions of years of fuck all happening in the universe Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 11:08 AM
RE: Dear you immoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters
It seems obvious to me that it's not your calvanism they have a problem with. It's just what they are using as an excuse to avoid further confrontation.

Might be your leanings towards evolution, or your treatment of atheists...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 11:32 AM
(12-04-2012 11:08 AM)lucradis Wrote:  It seems obvious to me that it's not your calvanism they have a problem with. It's just what they are using as an excuse to avoid further confrontation.

Might be your leanings towards evolution, or your treatment of atheists...
you should get Mrs KC to negotiate on your behalf Angel
12-04-2012, 11:48 AM
(26-01-2012 08:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  All of you are pillars of “Christian” acceptance and tolerance
WTF!
Atheism does not lead to intolerance of homosexuals, other religious beliefs or pregnancy out of wedlock, or sex without procreation.

Atheism is the standard of human tolerance that religions fall short of.
[+] 4 users Like Stevil's post
13-04-2012, 02:21 AM
(26-01-2012 08:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thank you. Thank you for being tolerant, understanding, accepting, and willing to discuss differing beliefs calmly, bluntly, and without emotion. Thank you for your open-mindedness, and your ability to view, agree, or disagree with a point of view without vilifying the actual person. All of you are pillars of “Christian” acceptance and tolerance; I only wish real Christians would follow your lead.

Now… for my rant…

I go to a traditional Southern Baptist church (Arminian-YEC-dispensationalist). Over the past couple of years, it has come to the attention of some of my peers that I do not subscribe to their deep traditionally rooted beliefs. Naturally, people become curious and begin to ask me questions. By now, I’m sure you understand my inability to shy away or sugarcoat answers; so, I answer them. The response to my answering is typical (they get really, really angry), and it turns into them getting mad at me and telling me I’m wrong and not to talk to them again.

It happened again earlier this week. This is the third or fourth time this has happened at this church. Now, keep in mind, I was APPROACHED; I was ASKED. I don’t go throwing my theological beliefs around a Southern Baptist church arbitrarily because I know the dissention it can cause.

A member asked me about election. I showed this member what the Bible said. This person got mad at me for showing them scripture. The person said that I’m wrong because this person doesn’t believe that God would do that. I told this person it doesn’t matter what you believe because scripture says what it says. The person then asserted that we should do mediation with the pastor. I refused. I told this person that mediation is not needed since mediation is only commanded in the Bible when you have an issue with another member.

I then told this person that it wasn’t me that was the problem; it was a system of belief and that this person should seek council from the pastor about this system of belief. I also told this person that the pastor believes as you believe and that you are only looking for validation for your belief and dissolution for mine. The person called me closed-minded and told me to never speak to them again.

And, this behavior isn’t atypical… I’ve seen it a lot. No wonder why Christians are so hated. You guys want to know the truth? I’ve had more spiritual growth in the past 2 months from you guys than I’ve had in the past 2 years from my Christian friends. It’s a strange state of affairs that atheists are more accepting of me than Christians.

So, again… thank you.

-Jeremy aka KC
Isn't it funny how you can learn so much from 'fools?' (psalm 14:1)

Of course I'm taking that scripture out of context but you get what I mean.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
17-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I find it funny that people use the term "close-minded" to mean, "How dare you not consider my opinions over all other opinions." And "open-minded" to mean, "Although I just heard that, and cannot reference the validity of you claim at this moment, I completely accept everything you just told me." Kinda ass backwards. Good for you in sticking up for yourself. Did it worry you that they might go to the pastor? If he had a like mindset as them wouldn't it get nasty?
17-04-2012, 02:00 PM
(17-04-2012 01:49 PM)arbmouser Wrote:  I find it funny that people use the term "close-minded" to mean, "How dare you not consider my opinions over all other opinions." And "open-minded" to mean, "Although I just heard that, and cannot reference the validity of you claim at this moment, I completely accept everything you just told me." Kinda ass backwards. Good for you in sticking up for yourself. Did it worry you that they might go to the pastor? If he had a like mindset as them wouldn't it get nasty?

Nah. The pastor and I have a good relationship. I'm pretty sure he knows that I'm a Calvinist.

On that note, I've considered going to the pastor and voicing my grievances with this decision.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Your story reminds me of living in Mississippi for a time while I was a recruiter. There was a main road that I traveled down on my way to my neighborhood that had about 8 churches on it all within three miles of each other. I asked an older guy in the neighborhood about it one day and he said that's what happens when there is a disagreement. People get pissy and start up their own church across the street. Live right next to each other for years too, and just stop talking to each other over it. Crazy world...
17-04-2012, 02:33 PM
(17-04-2012 02:15 PM)arbmouser Wrote:  Your story reminds me of living in Mississippi for a time while I was a recruiter. There was a main road that I traveled down on my way to my neighborhood that had about 8 churches on it all within three miles of each other. I asked an older guy in the neighborhood about it one day and he said that's what happens when there is a disagreement. People get pissy and start up their own church across the street. Live right next to each other for years too, and just stop talking to each other over it. Crazy world...

Yep.

It's really sad. Many Christians can be... well... jerks. I hate to watch it happen.

Also, which part of Mississippi? I used to live in Clinton (near Jackson), but I moved back home to Baton Rouge in 2006.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
17-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I was recruiting in Slidell, LA but was living right over the border in Picayune, MS. I love Baton Rouge.