Dear you immoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Dear you amoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters
(26-01-2012 09:19 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Is it as big of a moral question as Abraham had when god was discussing Sodom? That was one of those cute little stories where a human kinda bidded the fates of others with god. Lets start at 50 righteous would you slay 50? Abraham bargained god all the way down to 10, and he did it in biblical fashion too, saying three sentences every time he bids. What kind of god would sit through all that extra verbage?

The reason I consider you rather unchristian is that you really just follow your mind. Christianity has never really been about the book from what I've seen. The book is simply the emblem it gathers everyone together and protects them from scrutiny. I've never known anyone to share the cornucopia of beliefs you've chosen so far, and it sounds like you've yet to either. And by believe the same I mean even roughly. Christians I know generally view god in what they believe to be a selfless view. In which they don't worry about how they feel they just let god contradict their own wishes. This to them means that they are truly able to be selfless by accepting a god they dislike. While you accept a cantankerous deity though, you really force it into your own box. In this way your cantankerous deity is excessively representative of you and your views.

Born agains I meet generally stick to the theology that wrung them into the faith since they don't have the decades of experience others have, but since you study it's understandable you migrate. It's just that while considering the church an important symbol of your faith you haven't chosen a church that symbolizes your faith (or your wife's it seems). also a very unchristian thing is that you seek a new understanding which changes your views on christianity.

How is god an answer for you if it never has a form? You can never ask questions about anything else because unlike the average christian you're still answering the "who is god?" question. You desire a change in your beliefs enough to warrant that you are seeking a better understanding than you have yet to muster. Everything about the way you explain your views suggests to me that you seek an alternative to what you're going for.

A key instrumentation for religion is that it poses an answer to life's many questions, but you don't see it as an answer to any of them. You just took the god block and found out it fits in the circle, triangle, and square hole, but you're not sure why. it's just really contrary to christianity, Perhaps my views of your declarations are warped, but this is how I see it.

Reading that made me sad. Because this is what I heard:

"I've had a lot of experience with Christians. You're not like them. You're different. Most Christians I know don't really try to learn about God; they just accept what they are taught and pass it down generation to generation.

Why are you continually seeking God and trying to find answers to who God really is? That's so very unchristian. And weird. No Christian that I know does that."

This makes me sad because this is how Christians are viewed. And... this... this is just so wrong... so not what we're supposed to do. We're supposed to seek God... always. We're supposed to let go of what we know, and let God form our beliefs. God's revelations are supposed to be a continual process throughout your life, so this means as you grow in God, your understanding grows and what you thought was "right" changes to what God says is "right".

Thank you for helping me see this. I'm going to continue to let God use me... hopefully, some Christians will realize that they need to let go of their "rights" and start finding out what God's "rights" are.

I think I just got my answer that I've been praying for all day. Thank you Lilith.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 09:36 PM
(26-01-2012 02:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 02:05 PM)Denicio Wrote:  HOLY CRAP KC, what is wrong with you? Your brother and the entire atheist community is telling you to leave....and you tarry?

I immediately thought of this scene from a favorite ole Steve Martin Movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmivsA3iJw8

D

I don't know what it is. My wife and I both still feel like we belong there. It would be easy to leave if that wasn't the case.

It's obvious God is telling you to go, Brother. And since he controls your puppet strings, you really don't have any choice to make, but to go.

Denicio, it's obvious we're of the same age...Stryper and Steve Martin! Classics! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah I'll definitely agree that my empathy receptors are misfiring recently with all the drama and stress of everything going on. Well I hope whatever this answer was it's not a really bad horrid answer. I'm gonna stop looking at these threads tonight. Maybe next time I'll be a bit more capable.

I apologize for seriously upsetting the point of this thread I'll go back to my corner.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
26-01-2012, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 10:06 PM by kingschosen.)
(26-01-2012 09:49 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Yeah I'll definitely agree that my empathy receptors are misfiring recently with all the drama and stress of everything going on. Well I hope whatever this answer was it's not a really bad horrid answer. I'm gonna stop looking at these threads tonight. Maybe next time I'll be a bit more capable.

I apologize for seriously upsetting the point of this thread I'll go back to my corner.

No, no.

You are perfectly fine. God wants us at the church for some reason. I just need to have continued patience and understanding with some of the people there.
rofl

Like it or not, Lilith... God just used you.

Big Grin

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
26-01-2012, 10:36 PM
(26-01-2012 10:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-01-2012 09:49 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Yeah I'll definitely agree that my empathy receptors are misfiring recently with all the drama and stress of everything going on. Well I hope whatever this answer was it's not a really bad horrid answer. I'm gonna stop looking at these threads tonight. Maybe next time I'll be a bit more capable.

No, no.

You are perfectly fine. God wants us at the church for some reason. I just need to have continued patience and understanding with some of the people there.
rofl

Like it or not, Lilith... God just used you.

Big Grin

Like it or not, Lilith just used you. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Gwynnies using me to tell KC to start an atheist church. Smile

Church or comedy club; Gwynnies is kinda vague... Personally, there, Jeremy; called myself the blasphemer for the substitution of the Gwynnies for the Christ in my mind when I did my two-month stint last year at Open Door. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-01-2012, 01:55 AM
(27-01-2012 12:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Gwynnies using me to tell KC to start an atheist church. Smile

Actually, I had been thinking the same thing all day. Pretty much why I suggested you go check out other churches and people, Kingsy.

Whatever you do - don't stress. Stuff will happen soon enough. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
27-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Jeremy (KC), I'm really starting to like you a lot... and that frightens me. ;-)
Ever thought about leaving that church and developing your own following based on what you believe? Thousands have done it, so it must work. I'm floored by your initial post in this thread because your faith and beliefs are being challenged by the very people that are supposed to share, not debate the fellowship. Keep your head high.

"I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders...
Thanks for getting off my back!"
-
Arcticspear Idea
27-01-2012, 02:17 AM
I don't know if I'm going off the rails here with reading your posts, but first I want to thank you for being the person you are here. Now, to be honest I hear a lot of what Lilith describes from your posts as well. I've indirectly experienced some of the things you talk about through my wife who grew up southern baptist. She experienced the same things you did when she started questioning things and kept getting told to pray for the right answer (whatever answer her parents agreed with) this got her all but excommunicated from her family for years and she still has to put up a thin facade when she interacts with them.

A conversation we had when we first met applies here in which she and I spoke about these inequalities and how she wasn't being true to herself when she was around them but couldn't bear the thought of not having them as part of her life. We, admittedly, rationalized the whole situation into the thinking of god as a concept, much like Hawking does.

In reading your posts to me it seems as though your "god" is knowledge. You want to know things and understand things, but your concept of a supernatural god is a roadblock in your thinking. When you come by an answer you look at it as gods work or working through another when a part of your thinking has known the answer all along. In some of your statement you could easily replace god with knowledge and still have the same meaning. Just some thoughts friend, as far as the church itself goes, you really should find another one no one deserves to be treated as such willingly and they more than likely will not change their minds on you or your family unless you speak the same language as them. Im speaking as someone who has watched people disintegrate because of the types of situation you are in. You will not be a martyr, but one day you will have had enough and it will only be that much harder on your family to leave and you will be seen as the bad guy in this situation. If all of your sons friends are a part of this church I can pretty much guarantee that if hes not catching crap already, he will in the future. Again you'll be the bad guy because hell see it as because of you and not because of his friends parents refusal to probe deeper into their deeply held pseudo-knowledge.
27-01-2012, 02:39 AM
Replace god with knowledge gets me thinking how the Bible just animates tao with a he. I have nothing to argue about with KC; I'm just acausal. I don't see how being journeyman prophet contrasts KC's chosen status. Funny thing is, though; he's sane. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user