Dear you immoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2012, 12:22 PM
RE: Dear you amoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters
I guess I'm the only one here who honestly thinks KC is nuts. That's why i don't have much dialog with him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Godless's post
27-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Oh they're all nuts. KC is just civil enough to discuss the nuttiness.

“Some people never go crazy, what truly horrible lives they must live." ~Charles Bukowski
27-01-2012, 12:32 PM
(27-01-2012 12:22 PM)Godless Wrote:  I guess I'm the only one here who honestly thinks KC is nuts. That's why i don't have much dialog with him.

You're wrong on that count, he's nuts but I was at one time also. Your refusal to have dialogue with him is your own.

Nuts or not, he's the most logical of Christians I've come across in a long time. When you follow through on the idea of an all-knowing, all-powerful, omnipresent god you will eventually come to the conclusion that everything must be known and determined ahead of time. In conjunction with scripture then it becomes pretty hard to argue against. Christians just don't like the idea because it's non-traditional. I'm curious how this mediation will turn out.

My guess is that you will be expected to ether keep your mouth shut about your beliefs, or be presented with the ultimatum of stepping in line with their beliefs with the threat of being asked not to come back otherwise. Is it possible that they just don't care? Sure, but it seems unlikely to me. The pastor has to protect his flock, even if reason is the enemy.
27-01-2012, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 12:45 PM by kingschosen.)
(27-01-2012 11:52 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 11:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Chas is right. If God wants me to do that, that's what I'll be doing. Right now, God wants my family and me to stay put.

OK, i'll bite....... how do you know?
What are the signs and signals that you respond to?

I know how most people "know", but you have indeed perplexed many of us with your New Agey version of that some ole song.

D

It's a revelation of sorts. It's a belief. Of course, God reveals Himself differently to everyone. The way He does it with me is like this: issue/concern/thought arises. I remain neutral and pray for wisdom/answers/revelations. Then... it just happens. I just know. Without a doubt... I know.
(27-01-2012 12:15 PM)HiLiKuS Wrote:  So, had you not prayed for this, would you still have received the answer? (Sorry, still stuck on the whole no free will thing. Smile )

I would not have received the answer if I would not have prayed; however, I had to pray because I would receive the answer.

It's this whole preordained thing that kind of hard to understand at first.
(27-01-2012 12:22 PM)Godless Wrote:  I guess I'm the only one here who honestly thinks KC is nuts. That's why i don't have much dialog with him.

k
(27-01-2012 12:30 PM)HiLiKuS Wrote:  Oh they're all nuts. KC is just civil enough to discuss the nuttiness.

I just prefer to be open and honest Smile
(27-01-2012 12:32 PM)kineo Wrote:  Nuts or not, he's the most logical of Christians I've come across in a long time. When you follow through on the idea of an all-knowing, all-powerful, omnipresent god you will eventually come to the conclusion that everything must be known and determined ahead of time. In conjunction with scripture then it becomes pretty hard to argue against. Christians just don't like the idea because it's non-traditional. I'm curious how this mediation will turn out.

Thanks kineo. I appreciate that. And, you're right. It is hard to argue against, and traditional Christians don't like the idea because of the no freewill thing.

Quote:My guess is that you will be expected to ether keep your mouth shut about your beliefs, or be presented with the ultimatum of stepping in line with their beliefs with the threat of being asked not to come back otherwise. Is it possible that they just don't care? Sure, but it seems unlikely to me. The pastor has to protect his flock, even if reason is the enemy.

I'm getting the inclination that he might actually believe in election. Honestly, it's hard for any learned theologian to not believe in it. But, we'll see... also, he is an upstanding man; one of the most wonderful human beings I know. I really can't see him ostracizing me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
27-01-2012, 01:58 PM
I know quite a few people who are studied in the bible who find it really hard for any learned theologian to actually believe what they're talking about. It really doesn't matter how much study there is, if he likes the opposite he likes the opposite, welcome to reality.

You know King you could of just told Denicio it's in your gut. That's exactly what you said =p I follow random decisions a lot, but because I like seeing what happens at the end of them.

And King get your story straight, there was no you not getting this message because there was no way you weren't praying. that's how you see the world right now. You cannot choose to not pray it just happens on it's own. All the confusions and doubts are built in and meaningless because you aren't really living. That's how you are trying to describe yourself. If you don't like it reflect on what free will is. Or tell god to reflect on it cause apparently you can't choose to.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
27-01-2012, 02:08 PM
you'll always be our favourite religious nut KC Tongue
love you man

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
27-01-2012, 02:09 PM

(27-01-2012 12:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The way He does it with me is like this: issue/concern/thought arises. I remain neutral and pray for wisdom/answers/revelations. Then... it just happens. I just know. Without a doubt... I know.

Wow, we have a very similar thing happening here, except omit the praying part.

Generally called introspection. Its that inner voice thing. You are chalking it up to a non natural thing.
I'll have an issue and spend much time in self reflection and thought and in many cases (no sarcasm) an amazing answer COMES to me. I know its my sub conscience at work. I don't need a dead/bloody savior to have this make sense or be meaningful to me.

As a lad, i was hasty, as i grew older i grew patient and more reflective....this is probably the same for everyone in this forum.

I don't NEED to know where my 'answers' come from and i certainly dont assign a thing to it. I USED to, but thats a different Denicio in a different time.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
27-01-2012, 02:12 PM
(27-01-2012 12:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's a revelation of sorts. It's a belief. Of course, God reveals Himself differently to everyone. The way He does it with me is like this: issue/concern/thought arises. I remain neutral and pray for wisdom/answers/revelations. Then... it just happens. I just know. Without a doubt... I know.

Its called thinking btw xD its not god zapping thoughts into your head with his
magic wand
ill be impressed when jesus appears in the flesh and takes you on a road trip to vegas Wink

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
27-01-2012, 02:15 PM

(27-01-2012 02:12 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 12:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's a revelation of sorts. It's a belief. Of course, God reveals Himself differently to everyone. The way He does it with me is like this: issue/concern/thought arises. I remain neutral and pray for wisdom/answers/revelations. Then... it just happens. I just know. Without a doubt... I know.

Its called thinking btw xD its not god zapping thoughts into your head with his
magic wand
ill be impressed when jesus appears in the flesh and takes you on a road trip to vegas Wink

Well, he just left chicago....and he's headed to New Orleans.

Even Billy Gibbons knows that!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV5ioewi4pk

Have Mercy!
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
27-01-2012, 02:21 PM

No, KC is delusional, and many people think so, but they're more polite than I.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post