Dear you immoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 02:23 AM
RE: Dear you amoral heathens, sinners, hellbound god-haters
(26-01-2012 10:07 AM)Denicio Wrote:  Jeremy (KC) i feel for you brother.

The Southern Baptist Machine is a monster. Its the gang that Demonized Rock records in the 1980's, boycotted Disney originally for Occult references, Boycotted Procter and Gamble for their logo, and EVEN in the 1980's boycotted Stryper due to them being the 'gateway' drug to harder rock bands. I shit you not.
There was ALL KINDS of mischif done in the name of Southern Baptistry. NASA's involvement in the Occult..you name it.

Based on what we are LEARNING about you, you have truly picked the wrong church. You need something non denominational. Unitarian is too liberal for you, i think, but anything is better than the Holy Rollers of Southern Baptists. I know, i used to be one!

To be southern baptist, you must bleed hellfire and brimstone, you MUST watch Fox News and ALWAYS vote Republican no matter who the candidate. You must adopt the "Christian Nation" mantra and repeat it daily. To think otherwise is stupidity on your part. DONT expect a southern baptist to truly want to engage in 'thoughtful' conversation. They will just wait their turn to speak.

Best of luck on your journey.

Dennis aka Denicio

I was a Southern Baptist as well. My experiences were a lot more mellow. Never really had the fire and brimstone sermons nor jumping around stuff. I actually really liked my pastor's sermons at the time. A very calm guy. The music was all the old classic hymns. It was a nice place to go.
But the God of the Bible is nothing like he was described by my pastor. All-loving and everything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 05:55 AM
(26-01-2012 08:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Thank you. Thank you for being tolerant, understanding, accepting, and willing to discuss differing beliefs calmly, bluntly, and without emotion. Thank you for your open-mindedness, and your ability to view, agree, or disagree with a point of view without vilifying the actual person. All of you are pillars of “Christian” acceptance and tolerance; I only wish real Christians would follow your lead.

Now… for my rant…

I go to a traditional Southern Baptist church (Arminian-YEC-dispensationalist). Over the past couple of years, it has come to the attention of some of my peers that I do not subscribe to their deep traditionally rooted beliefs. Naturally, people become curious and begin to ask me questions. By now, I’m sure you understand my inability to shy away or sugarcoat answers; so, I answer them. The response to my answering is typical (they get really, really angry), and it turns into them getting mad at me and telling me I’m wrong and not to talk to them again.

It happened again earlier this week. This is the third or fourth time this has happened at this church. Now, keep in mind, I was APPROACHED; I was ASKED. I don’t go throwing my theological beliefs around a Southern Baptist church arbitrarily because I know the dissention it can cause.

A member asked me about election. I showed this member what the Bible said. This person got mad at me for showing them scripture. The person said that I’m wrong because this person doesn’t believe that God would do that. I told this person it doesn’t matter what you believe because scripture says what it says. The person then asserted that we should do mediation with the pastor. I refused. I told this person that mediation is not needed since mediation is only commanded in the Bible when you have an issue with another member.

I then told this person that it wasn’t me that was the problem; it was a system of belief and that this person should seek council from the pastor about this system of belief. I also told this person that the pastor believes as you believe and that you are only looking for validation for your belief and dissolution for mine. The person called me closed-minded and told me to never speak to them again.

And, this behavior isn’t atypical… I’ve seen it a lot. No wonder why Christians are so hated. You guys want to know the truth? I’ve had more spiritual growth in the past 2 months from you guys than I’ve had in the past 2 years from my Christian friends. It’s a strange state of affairs that atheists are more accepting of me than Christians.

So, again… thank you.

-Jeremy aka KC

I had the same experiences when I was 14. Just hang in there and search for reason and logic. Compare other religion's teachings to your own.

P@rTy R0Ck!
12-02-2012, 08:20 AM
THIS is a 4 point Calvinist.

[Image: 324198.jpg]

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Still no word from the pastor.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-02-2012, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 10:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-02-2012 11:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Still no word from the pastor.

Just start your own church. I got a buddy who was a member of a splinter group off of the Seventh Day Adventists until the splinter group splintered. So he started his own splinter from a splinter. He says the tax breaks alone are worth it. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Notice how the religious right in America keep telling us "Atheism is a Religion" but won't give us the tax break for it. Dodgy

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like TalladegaTom's post
14-02-2012, 02:34 AM
(13-02-2012 08:34 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Notice how the religious right in America keep telling us "Atheism is a Religion" but won't give us the tax break for it. Dodgy

you'll only use it to go to hell faster Tongue
14-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Its really hard to get along with people, even with people of the same religion. I knew this one girl, who honestly, picked ("Believed" ) which parts of the bible were true or not. I say "believe" in quotations because its rather silly to asume what you like is true.

But don't let the members harm your feelings of the church, if the pastor is nice you should just go for the pastor.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
15-02-2012, 02:20 AM
You could just chuck it in and join us…
We have ice-cream… Tongue

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
15-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Hey KC. I'm reading through the thread and so far it looks like you wouldn't be out of place in an Unitarian Universalist church. They take Christians there too Wink And they seem to be safe for children's mental development.

Btw, would you please give me a link to where you sum up your beliefs and/or/xor experiences of the supernatural or divine? People sometimes compare me to you and I'd like to see why, so I can deny it Tongue