Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2013, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2013 05:34 PM by Luminon.)
RE: Death
(11-08-2013 11:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well, that's as may be old boy, I got my hobby horse, I'd be churlish to deny you yours Tongue But I'm content to live in ignorance of the wonders of chakra until such time as your pioneering maverick scientist types gain the recognition they deserve and it becomes mainstream... although my hunch is that they've already got it Tongue
Well, they got a few thousand years, but without electric measuring instruments it was a mostly wasted time, I'm afraid. These things need good circumstances. The measurement isn't a problem with today's technology, I've seen it done many times with EAV. The problem must be politics.

Yes, it is my hobby horse. Some times like today I feel all lighted up like a Christmas tree. And the Gall Bladder meridian point # 14 was hot as an ember all day.
Don't worry, I might be a textbook case of the Kundalini syndrome, but I can't blame you that you don't like textbooks Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2013, 06:23 PM
I look forward to death, not that I am in any hurry to get to it though.

For me, it will be the final lesson in life that either leads to something else or I will blissfully (from my current perspective of being alive) be nothing more for infinity.

Either way its win win Thumbsup

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
13-08-2013, 03:12 PM
(11-08-2013 06:23 PM)bemore Wrote:  I look forward to death, not that I am in any hurry to get to it though.

For me, it will be the final lesson in life that either leads to something else or I will blissfully (from my current perspective of being alive) be nothing more for infinity.

Bullshit! Final lesson? It will be nothing!

You're not in a hurry, because you don't want to die! There won't be any bliss. It will be nothing.

Looking forward to nothing? Bullshit!!!
13-08-2013, 05:09 PM
(13-08-2013 03:12 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(11-08-2013 06:23 PM)bemore Wrote:  I look forward to death, not that I am in any hurry to get to it though.

Bullshit! Final lesson? It will be nothing!

You're not in a hurry, because you don't want to die! There won't be any bliss. It will be nothing.

I think a lot of people when they get older are having so many medical problems that death is a relief.

Something I've wondered about...... do you all think women can handle death better than men? I've kind of thought that women are less afraid of it. Maybe because we have the biological ability to carry life in our bodies or something. I donno, just thinking off the top of my head right now.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
13-08-2013, 05:32 PM
(13-08-2013 03:12 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Bullshit! Final lesson? It will be nothing!

Well, I appreciate your view but that does not change mine.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
13-08-2013, 05:37 PM
(13-08-2013 05:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-08-2013 03:12 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Bullshit! Final lesson? It will be nothing!

I think a lot of people when they get older are having so many medical problems that death is a relief.

Something I've wondered about...... do you all think women can handle death better than men? I've kind of thought that women are less afraid of it. Maybe because we have the biological ability to carry life in our bodies or something. I donno, just thinking off the top of my head right now.

Good point about older people. I heard something on N.P.R., today about a lady who allegedly assisted her father in suicide, by providing a large dose of morphine. The father was a Hospice patient, and a very old man. The lady is charged with a felony!

But, yes! I think you are right that death may be a relief to many people who are suffering. Thank you for the point!

Also the question of women verses men is an interesting one. I don't have the answer, but it's an interesting question!

So: I may fear death today. But a day may come when I welcome it! Very good point Dances!
13-08-2013, 06:08 PM
(13-08-2013 05:32 PM)bemore Wrote:  

Well, I appreciate your view but that does not change mine.

Dancefortwo just made a very good point in your favor! While death may be something that many of us fear, today: Their may come a day when we welcome it! So: Your response may not be as goofy as I thought! Today, Your opinion seems like "Bullshit!" [. But their may come a day when it's not so much!
13-08-2013, 06:16 PM
So, it could be (VERY highly unlikely! So don't anybody jump to any conclusions!) That I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed . . . But I'm hangin' with some pretty sharp tools here! Thanks for letting me into the playground folks!
13-08-2013, 06:27 PM
(13-08-2013 06:08 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(13-08-2013 05:32 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well, I appreciate your view but that does not change mine.

Dancefortwo just made a very good point in your favor! While death may be something that many of us fear, today: Their may come a day when we welcome it! So: Your response may not be as goofy as I thought! Today, Your opinion seems like "Bullshit!" [. But their may come a day when it's not so much!

For a little bit of scope into my view I have suffered depression in the past and have had moments where I have wanted to die, to experience this vast nothingness, the inescapable, seemed like a pretty option at the time.

Obviously I am not posting from beyond the grave and got over those bad moments in my life and am still here but that thought, that no matter how bad things may become ultimately it will all lead to potential nothingness in death, remained with me. Comforting in some regards.

I am also a skeptic. Whilst I may look into things that people consider "woo" I try to do it on an objective basis and treat is as information. Whilst I appreciate that scientifically my awareness, this consciousness and sentience that is me and this "I" is the sum of billion upon billions of different neural connections firing in my brain, that when death occurs these neurons will cease and my matter will eventually fade, I do still consider the possibility that there may be something after this.

So like I said, its a win win situation. I will either move on to something unexplainable or I will simply cease to be Big Grin

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
13-08-2013, 06:38 PM
(10-08-2013 04:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 03:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  Poor kids have to grow up without a father... Unsure

Bah, they had 2 more years with their father than Girly had with his and I'll bet rich old daddy made sure they were financially secure before he checked out, unlike my old man who just left us in the lurch when I was 5 yo. ... Father's are overrated. Tongue

"Father's are overrated. Tongue"

You serious about that? Cause I loved/hated mine! When he was sober, he was a good man! Almost too good! Took in all the strays! When he was drunk, he was the devil himself!