Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: Death
(13-08-2013 06:38 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 04:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bah, they had 2 more years with their father than Girly had with his and I'll bet rich old daddy made sure they were financially secure before he checked out, unlike my old man who just left us in the lurch when I was 5 yo. ... Father's are overrated. Tongue

"Father's are overrated. Tongue"

You serious about that? Cause I loved/hated mine! When he was sober, he was a good man! Almost too good! Took in all the strays! When he was drunk, he was the devil himself!

Actually, I think some fathers are so underrated that they have lost all status and function and have no purpose in a family. Men need something to do. Other fathers have become more involved with children, pushing baby carriages and changing diapers. Almost as if to make up for the fatherhood vacuum. The middle ground has been lost.

As for death. There were two times in my life that I wanted to die. One was when I had viral strep throat (not the bacterial kind) and I had a fever of 103. The other time was when I was in labor for 28 hours and thought it would never end. It was back labor to boot. I got to a point when my thinking was "just shoot me but while your shooting me get the baby out. The baby can live but please just let me die." I ended up having a cesarean. Had it been 100 years ago I would have died in childbirth. So I just wanna say "thank you modern medicine, thank you for everything."

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2013, 05:59 PM
(13-08-2013 09:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-08-2013 06:38 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  "Father's are overrated. Tongue"

You serious about that? Cause I loved/hated mine! When he was sober, he was a good man! Almost too good! Took in all the strays! When he was drunk, he was the devil himself!

Actually, I think some fathers are so underrated that they have lost all status and function and have no purpose in a family. Men need something to do. Other fathers have become more involved with children, pushing baby carriages and changing diapers. Almost as if to make up for the fatherhood vacuum. The middle ground has been lost.

As for death. There were two times in my life that I wanted to die. One was when I had viral strep throat (not the bacterial kind) and I had a fever of 103. The other time was when I was in labor for 28 hours and thought it would never end. It was back labor to boot. I got to a point when my thinking was "just shoot me but while your shooting me get the baby out. The baby can live but please just let me die." I ended up having a cesarean. Had it been 100 years ago I would have died in childbirth. So I just wanna say "thank you modern medicine, thank you for everything."

I lived with a woman for eight years. She had a son. So, I was the father, when she wanted me to be. But he was her son, so I wasn't if I did something she thought was wrong. If I did something she thought was wrong, it was "You leave him alone! He's MY son!" So, yea, I felt underrated. So, my opinion, really meant nothing. Her son. Her rules!

As for wanting to die: I've never wanted to die. I've had the depression. Anger. I had really bad anxiety attacks. (Those are scary! If there's a hell it's a constant anxiety attack!) You think your going to die!
14-08-2013, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2013 05:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-08-2013 02:43 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Any male, who tells you that he didn't notice that girl with the short skirt is LIEING! We see every female ass. We watch when you bend over, for tit! It's in our D.N.A.

Bah, it's not in our DNA, it's in our hormones which can be easily manipulated. I mean to say, I can and I do. Tongue

(13-08-2013 03:12 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Bullshit! Final lesson? It will be nothing!
You're not in a hurry, because you don't want to die! There won't be any bliss. It will be nothing.
Looking forward to nothing? Bullshit!!!

Metaphysically I got one job.

RIP Allen Lanier (June 25, 1946 – August 14, 2013) . They looked backward and said goodbye.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
14-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Death scares me too. No matter how much I try to rationalize it, I just can't shake the fear. If someone were to offer me a pill that would make me immortal, I would take it in a heart beat. The thought of living forever doesn't bother me at all. There's so much to learn in this world. So much that has yet to be seen. I want to continue on in this party. I want my kids to live forever with me. That's another thought that terrifies me... leaving them...

I absolutely wish there were a heaven. How wonderful would it be to be able to see the universe from any point? Go galaxy hopping. Fly through nebulae. Dive into the centers of stars and planets.

But oh well. What can I do? Live for today...

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post