Death.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Death.
I stopped believing in a god awhile back, an I just can't stop thinking about death. I just can't handle that when I die I just stop existing. I just can't handle that. I lose sleep, I'm becoming terrified of death. It's all I think about. The thought that i won't exist for an eternity jus scares me. I was just posting because maybe someone has a different perspective on the matter. I just don't know what to do. If someone has any positive reinforcement to help clarify this I would really appreciate it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Floresjose's post
07-03-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: Death.
I'm sorry you are dealing with this Hug death is a very scary concept. I try to use it to make good decisions in my life, to remind myself not to sweat the small stuff. It really gives you perspective.

Remember that the most important thing you can give anyone is your time, because it's all we have. Don't waste it on those who don't deserve it.

Also, remember what it was like before you were born? Not so bad, right? That's what it will be like when you die.

If it continues to keep you up at night, seek a bit of counseling. It will help.

Seth did this great video, hope it helps Hug i

People used to laugh at me when I would say "I want to be a comedian". Well nobody is laughing now!

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post
07-03-2014, 07:20 PM
(07-03-2014 05:37 PM)Floresjose Wrote:  I stopped believing in a god awhile back, an I just can't stop thinking about death. I just can't handle that when I die I just stop existing. I just can't handle that. I lose sleep, I'm becoming terrified of death. It's all I think about. The thought that i won't exist for an eternity jus scares me. I was just posting because maybe someone has a different perspective on the matter. I just don't know what to do. If someone has any positive reinforcement to help clarify this I would really appreciate it.

Do you want to live without being able to die EVER EVER FOREVER? If not then rejoice! Because you get what you want.
08-03-2014, 02:24 AM
Actually, in fifty so years is most likely when humans discover immortality.

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
08-03-2014, 04:08 AM
(08-03-2014 02:24 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Actually, in fifty so years is most likely when humans discover immortality.

That's what the adverts'll call it anyway Dodgy

OP, death... sure it's scary. I used to worry a lot. Then one day I thought "You know what, I can waste my life worrying about the *final* moment, or I can just live it"... and over the next few months I slowly stopped worrying.

Death is what happens at the end. Don't let it take over your thinking now. Ultimately all that we do means diddly squat, but... yeah, we're just monkeys. Be a happy monkey and live in your tree and eat nice fruit and fuck other monkeys. Live a good life, enjoy your life... that's kinda... all there is to it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 12 users Like morondog's post
08-03-2014, 08:11 AM
Don't worry about it, the older you get the less scared of death you will be. Most seniors welcome it by the time it comes around.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-03-2014, 08:22 AM
(08-03-2014 04:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  Be a happy monkey and live in your tree and eat nice fruit and fuck other monkeys. Live a good life, enjoy your life... that's kinda... all there is to it.

I want this on a tee shirt!!

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
08-03-2014, 09:45 AM
I really do appreciate the comments! The more I put it into a perspective like its as natural as life the less I worry about it.
08-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Its one of the main differences between atheist and theist really. A theist will waste their short time on earth praying so they book themselves a spot in heaven.
Atheists release themselves from this belief and make the most of their time here in my experience.
Its perfectly natural to be a bit scared, but I second the above - enjoy life. Just make sure the monkeys are the same species!

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TubbyTubby's post
08-03-2014, 10:12 AM
(08-03-2014 09:45 AM)Floresjose Wrote:  I really do appreciate the comments! The more I put it into a perspective like its as natural as life the less I worry about it.

I think it's perfectly normal to wonder about death. It isn't normal, however, to obsess over it. You may have some depression and might need medical care. So don't discount when you get obsessive in your thinking - whatever the subject. It's a symptom that something *may* be wrong. I say *may* because I'm not a doctor and I am not diagnosing you ok? Just wishing to express some concern, that's all. Heart

That said. Spend time educating yourself and discussing with intelligent people to broaden your scope on life and death so you're making valued judgments.

Try not to worry too much about something you cannot control. Death is definitely on the 'cannot control' list.

Smile

"Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon..."MorondogLaugh out load