Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Death
Hello I am new here. I recently became an atheist. But i am struggling with the idea of just dying and knowing that thats it for me. I was hoping for your thoughts on how you deal with this
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2014, 09:18 PM
RE: Death
Yolo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
20-08-2014, 09:21 PM
I think of it like it's this same as before I was born. I have no conscious knowledge of it. No heaven, no hell. I won't even know I'm dead.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
20-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Death
I get that point but i just get this empty feeling thinking about it. I guess thats why truth hurts!!
[+] 1 user Likes alegzac54's post
20-08-2014, 09:30 PM
Well this is why the afterlife was invented in the first place. Death is scary, for most people. Some can stare into the void and be at peace, realise that we get 1 trip on this big blue ball and try and make the most of it. Let death worry about itself when it comes, up til then worry about living.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Well, since it's going to happen eventually, there's really no point in dwelling on it. Enjoy the real time you have now. Like Ferdinand said, you only live once.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
20-08-2014, 09:36 PM
(20-08-2014 09:27 PM)alegzac54 Wrote:  I get that point but i just get this empty feeling thinking about it. I guess thats why truth hurts!!

The molecules comprising your body will continue to exist after your death. The casket you might be buried in will eventually decay, releasing what's left of your body into the dirt. Said molecules will then be recycled by the environment. For instance, they could enter into the underground water system and be drawn up into a tree that lives for hundreds of years. This is only one of many possibilities.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
20-08-2014, 09:39 PM
(20-08-2014 09:36 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 09:27 PM)alegzac54 Wrote:  I get that point but i just get this empty feeling thinking about it. I guess thats why truth hurts!!

The molecules comprising your body will continue to exist after your death. The casket you might be buried in will eventually decay, releasing what's left of your body into the dirt. Said molecules will then be recycled by the environment. For instance, they could enter into the underground water system and be drawn up into a tree that lives for hundreds of years. This is only one of many possibilities.

I think you just made death more creepy. Blink

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
20-08-2014, 09:40 PM
(20-08-2014 09:39 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 09:36 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  The molecules comprising your body will continue to exist after your death. The casket you might be buried in will eventually decay, releasing what's left of your body into the dirt. Said molecules will then be recycled by the environment. For instance, they could enter into the underground water system and be drawn up into a tree that lives for hundreds of years. This is only one of many possibilities.

I think you just made death more creepy. Blink

I see it as something beautiful.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
20-08-2014, 09:44 PM
This is why I'd prefer my body to be planted right in the dirt, no casket. I'll decompose faster, why let a coffin get in the way? Too bad that's not an easy thing to accomplish legally. I think Ohio Sky mentioned it can be done, but there are tons of hoops. Barring that, donate my body to science, or cremate it. I don't want to take up space once I'm gone.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post