Poll: Does death scare you?
Yes, I think about it all the time.
Yes, but I rarely think about it.
Yes, I believe the afterlife will be worse than this life.
No, we are all stardust we will just go back to being stardust.
No, I wasn't alive before I was born, so I'm sure it won't bother me too much when I'm dead.
No, I believe the afterlife will be better than this life.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Death
No one has promised me a tomorrow. One day at a time and all that bullshit. Worked hard all my life and saved and now is the time to crack that nest egg. Good financial planning for me is that whoever writes my last check from my estate will find that it bounces. No heaven, no hell, and certainly no afterlife.

:thumbs:

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
19-11-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm still a little pissed off about being born.

Angry

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
20-11-2015, 03:40 AM
(19-11-2015 09:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm still a little pissed off about being born.

Angry

Some of us are glad you're here mate.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-11-2015, 05:20 AM
(19-11-2015 09:27 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm still a little pissed off about being born.

Angry

I've used your DLJ tag for my signature for years but out of respect I've dropped the L!

Dodgy

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
20-11-2015, 05:56 AM
(20-11-2015 05:20 AM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  

Angry

I've used your DLJ tag for my signature for years but out of respect I've dropped the L!

Dodgy

DJ

I recall being at a gig sitting with the bandleader. A DJ was on the show playing between our sets. He came to us and sat with us as if he was a musician. The band leader told him "*%^^$$$$#$###@@@@!!#$$%$" and he took off. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-12-2015, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2015 10:29 AM by Fireball.)
I acknowledged that I would die someday many years ago. I'm not afraid of it, it is just a fact of life that comes from being born to start with. I'd rather not suffer a painful, debilitating demise, but old age is creeping up on me. I held my nose to the grindstone, hard, for 45 years and was able to retire at age 62. I have hobbies to keep me busy. I do my own car and home repairs, but I can see the time coming when I won't be able to do so. I'll just have to accept that gracefully and deal with having others help me. Hopefully that day is years in the future. Being self-sufficient for my entire life doesn't make it easy to be graceful about it or accepting of it, when my abilities diminish.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
20-12-2015, 09:25 PM
I can't imagine being dead. How do you imagine nothing? I do have fear of it sometimes, fear it will hurt, fear I won't be ready. I know this sounds weird but sometimes I think I'd rather be really ill so I could accept it as a release.

When I do think about it, the thought makes me miss my family terribly. I'm very in tune with living things, nature, animals and I have a sensitive sense of smell, taste, touch so when I focus on things I can experience it in a very intense way. I feel like I miss that already, knowing I'll not experience that someday.

I don't want to die and yet I would choose nil over heaven every time. By my way of thinking heaven would be boring as fuck!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
21-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Not enough options.

How about: Because of early-life religious conditioning, I do sometimes think about "what happens" after death, even though I am an atheist and rationally I believe the answer is, "nothing." I have some vestigial fear that the stories I was told about eternal torture (or, perhaps worse, fawning over a monster in "heaven") forever.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
21-12-2015, 07:35 PM
(20-12-2015 09:25 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  How do you imagine nothing?

Every time I've been put under for a medical procedure (mostly, a series of colonoscopies, but also a couple of surgeries), and I wake up and realize how "gone" I was for the entire time, I tell myself that this is what death must be like: Nada, nada, y pues nada (as Hemingway wrote).

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
21-12-2015, 07:51 PM
My latest answer.

I am too busy appreciating life to fear death. At times death would have been a friend. But I have fought with friends before.

Smile

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post