Poll: Does death scare you?
Yes, I think about it all the time.
Yes, but I rarely think about it.
Yes, I believe the afterlife will be worse than this life.
No, we are all stardust we will just go back to being stardust.
No, I wasn't alive before I was born, so I'm sure it won't bother me too much when I'm dead.
No, I believe the afterlife will be better than this life.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2015, 10:03 AM
RE: Death
(28-12-2015 09:49 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 09:00 AM)yakherder Wrote:  You don't wanna mix death into that word rearrangement too? Big Grin

Quote:La petite mort is an expression which means "the brief loss or weakening of consciousness" and in modern usage refers specifically to "the sensation of orgasm as likened to death". The expression comes from French, in which it literally means "the little death".

Fuck the french. My experience of it is cold and painful and lonely.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2015, 11:13 AM
I was scared of my death but not anymore. The thought of my family members death is the most scaring thing. And it will eventually happens.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
28-12-2015, 02:19 PM
(28-12-2015 09:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Fuck death! Big Grin

It's kinda trite and inane but I'm reminded of the lyrics to the title song from Cabaret. It's still got a lot of truths in it.

What good is sitting alone in your room?
Come hear the music play
Life is a cabaret, old chum
Come to the cabaret

Put down the knitting, the book and the broom
It's time for a holiday
So come to the cabaret

Come taste the wine
Come hear the band
Come blow your horn
Start celebrating right this way
Your table's waiting

What good's permitting some prophet of doom
To wipe every smile away
So come to the cabaret

I used to have this girlfriend known as Elsie
With whom I shared four sordid rooms in Chelsea
She wasn't what you'd call a blushing flower
As a matter of fact she rented by the hour

The day she died the neighbors came to snicker
"Well, that's what comes from too much pills and liquor"
But when I saw her laid out like a Queen
She was the happiest corpse, I'd ever seen

I think of Elsie to this very day
I remember how she'd turn to me and say
"What good is sitting all alone in your room?
Come hear the music play
Come to the cabaret

And as for me
And as for me
I made my mind up, back in Chelsea
When I go, I'm going like Elsie

Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay
It's only a cabaret, old chum
And I love a cabaret

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-01-2016, 09:51 AM
I'm not afraid of death, but the thought of dying painfully bothers me. My cousin Justin passed away at the age of 21 last month. I'm a few years older, but I grew up with him and his brother, and we were around each other a lot as kids, despite not being close in recent years. At 21, he was already extremely successful. He had multiple degrees and was set to get his master's degree the Saturday of the week he died. Being so successful meant that he was ridiculously busy! He was always on the prowl (involved in real estate), and he had a lot on his mind. His apartment complex had a garage beneath it. He'd started his car that morning and forgotten about it. Carbon monoxide poisoning took his life. It can happen to anybody.

This is off-topic, but one of the things that breaks my heart thinking about his death is that, I don't think he ever loved/experienced love. He was gay, secretly for the most part (southwest Virginia is very much a part of the bible belt, and there are some fairly religious people on that side of the family with backward views), and he worked all the time. Maybe he was seeing somebody, and nobody knew, but I doubt it. He was a workaholic. Type A personality to the max. Anyway, I digress.

I've always been a little freaked out by the prospect of a brain aneurysm. Sudden death scares me. I know some people say, "Well, in the event of a brain aneurysm, you are gone, just like that!" but still... being alive one second and being deceased the next is unfathomable to me.

I'm obsessed with telling the people that I love, that I love them, every day. I don't give a shit who it is, from my family to my friends. I tell them. You never know what's going to happen. I have a terrible guilty conscience. I feel guilty over stupid shit. I can't stand petty arguments and conflict. I don't believe in going to bed angry with somebody that I care about.

Life is so fragile and short. People get pissed off at the dumbest shit. I know I do! In the end, it all means nothing. All the petty arguments and all that crap. It's hard to remember that.

Went on a little tangent off the beaten path, but whatever. It's good to get that out.
[+] 3 users Like UndauntedToast's post
20-01-2016, 10:57 AM
(20-01-2016 09:51 AM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  I'm not afraid of death, but the thought of dying painfully bothers me. My cousin Justin passed away at the age of 21 last month. I'm a few years older, but I grew up with him and his brother, and we were around each other a lot as kids, despite not being close in recent years. At 21, he was already extremely successful. He had multiple degrees and was set to get his master's degree the Saturday of the week he died. Being so successful meant that he was ridiculously busy! He was always on the prowl (involved in real estate), and he had a lot on his mind. His apartment complex had a garage beneath it. He'd started his car that morning and forgotten about it. Carbon monoxide poisoning took his life. It can happen to anybody.

This is off-topic, but one of the things that breaks my heart thinking about his death is that, I don't think he ever loved/experienced love. He was gay, secretly for the most part (southwest Virginia is very much a part of the bible belt, and there are some fairly religious people on that side of the family with backward views), and he worked all the time. Maybe he was seeing somebody, and nobody knew, but I doubt it. He was a workaholic. Type A personality to the max. Anyway, I digress.

I've always been a little freaked out by the prospect of a brain aneurysm. Sudden death scares me. I know some people say, "Well, in the event of a brain aneurysm, you are gone, just like that!" but still... being alive one second and being deceased the next is unfathomable to me.

I'm obsessed with telling the people that I love, that I love them, every day. I don't give a shit who it is, from my family to my friends. I tell them. You never know what's going to happen. I have a terrible guilty conscience. I feel guilty over stupid shit. I can't stand petty arguments and conflict. I don't believe in going to bed angry with somebody that I care about.

Life is so fragile and short. People get pissed off at the dumbest shit. I know I do! In the end, it all means nothing. All the petty arguments and all that crap. It's hard to remember that.

Went on a little tangent off the beaten path, but whatever. It's good to get that out.

I'm so sorry about your cousin. Hug
20-01-2016, 11:37 AM
Thanks, Jenny. I mean, like I said, we weren't close in recent years, but his passing brought back a lot of memories from my childhood, when we were. Outside of Facebook posts, and contact with a few family members, I didn't keep up with him much in later life.

Never know what can or will happen in life. It's good to enjoy what's there, even during the most stressful days.Yes
[+] 2 users Like UndauntedToast's post
20-01-2016, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 20-01-2016 12:05 PM by Adrianime.)
(20-01-2016 11:37 AM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  Thanks, Jenny. I mean, like I said, we weren't close in recent years, but his passing brought back a lot of memories from my childhood, when we were. Outside of Facebook posts, and contact with a few family members, I didn't keep up with him much in later life.

Never know what can or will happen in life. It's good to enjoy what's there, even during the most stressful days.Yes
It's because of stuff like that/this, that I generally keep a positive attitude and just don't let life get me down. It's just such a waste to spend time being unhappy when life can end in a moment. Obviously I'm not talking about chemical imbalances that cause depression or whatnot, but just as a matter of appreciating what you have, and owing it to yourself to live the life you want to live.

Sorry for your loss. I think the death of somebody close to you (or somebody who was once close to you) gives you a lot of perspective. I know it did for me.

You have made me think of a poem that was an internet chain letter when I was a kid. It really affected me. I'll probably post it elsewhere and link it here.

Edit: This is the poem

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post