Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2012, 02:22 PM
RE: Death
(14-05-2012 08:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-05-2012 01:51 PM)elemts Wrote:  I was sitting here today looking at facebook...

There's your whole problem.

Death is just a word that means not living, and if you're focused on it, that's what yer doing. Not living. Tongue
lol
Well I could post what I find more.... focussing.... but I'm trying to keep my posts all-age friendly Smile Although the bible is good at condemning it too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2012, 11:01 PM
(14-05-2012 08:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-05-2012 01:51 PM)elemts Wrote:  I was sitting here today looking at facebook...

There's your whole problem.

Death is just a word that means not living, and if you're focused on it, that's what yer doing. Not living. Tongue
I was just thinking, as I prepare to reply, that I never argue with you. However, I think you're wrong on this one (for once).

There are 2 solid things that psychologists have found that, if done on a regular basis, bring about increased happiness: dancing and contemplating death. I think the reasoning behind the latter is that if you regularly think about death, you get bored of the idea, and boredom replaces your innate fear... but that's just my personal guess.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2012, 03:12 AM
(14-05-2012 11:01 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I was just thinking, as I prepare to reply, that I never argue with you.

That's cause I'm a fool, and there's witnesses. Big Grin

Contemplating it, in the sense of using yer brain to see that the dragon has no teeth, that's different from focusing on it, in the sense of, ooh, dragon! I'm scairt! Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2012, 05:00 AM
“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

Brilliant quote from mark twain.

Why be scared of something that can only exist when you do not exist?

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Eternal's post