Death, Funerals, and if my opinion is wierd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 02:28 PM
RE: Death, Funerals, and if my opinion is wierd
(21-04-2013 09:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  Don't worry about crying either, do it or don't do it, it is controlled by hormones and not the conscious brain. It has nothing to do with how seriously you take something, or how much you love someone. It's purely physical.

Crying has some great benefits, it releases various chemical that are soothing and calming. So don't try to keep people or yourself from crying should it come up. But if you don't end up crying yourself, it's because you don't need it.

Not to worry either way.

What she said. Girly can't help but sob even at stranger's funerals. And I'm a fucking stoical nihilist at heart. They ain't tears of grief, they ain't tears of sadness, they ain't tears of loss or regret, and they sure as shit ain't tears of joy. Think they might be tears of awe from coming face to face with the abyss. ... Or it just might be hormonal like she said.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-07-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: Death, Funerals, and if my opinion is wierd
My mother was also not present anymore, and in a nursing home. She didn't seem to know any of us anymore, didn't even speak...I feel like it's their way of moving into the next dimension, (death) next experience of consciousness, whatever you want to call it. So, their kind of between worlds. It's like, some of us just like to take the plunge, jump into the pool, others of us want to wade around the edges, get our feet wet first.

Death is a funny topic. We've been conditioned to see it as a tragedy...and as an ending, but I see it as a new beginning. Death was designed so we can move on and not stay stuck in these bodies and this limiting environment.

I stopped going to funerals too. Especially the ones that are 'religious.' Too much heavy old energies for me. I feel guilty about it, but I've come to understand that I can be of more service to the 'survivors' if I stay in my space of balance and joy, and send that energy to them. Otherwise it's just too much family drama.

If you go with joy in your heart, and it feels right, then it is, but if you are going from a sense of guilt and obligation, then that will be felt by others. BTW, I'm all for cremation!

Maria
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply