Death Wish Coffee -- strong but smooth and flavorful

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2016, 07:24 AM
Death Wish Coffee -- strong but smooth and flavorful
Anybody ever tried Death Wish Coffee before?

My introduction to them came via Instagram, actually. Of all places. Sometime last year, whoever ran their social media page 'liked' something I posted. I followed the link to their website on the page. Saw the name and "world's strongest coffee" and thought, meh, sounds gimmicky. However, I looked up reviews and there were a lot of people raving about them.

I was influenced. I bought into the hype and decided to buy a bag. When it came in, I was surprised. As a joke, after I placed my order, I contacted them with my order number and wrote, "Can you guys, ah, draw a picture of a caffeinated lumberjack on the box?", and when the order came in, they actually drew a picture of something resembling a lumberjack (I guess?). I'll try to find the box in a second.

Anyway, long story short: the coffee smells amazing and tastes amazing. I love, love, love (I can't overemphasize that enough) a good tasting, flavorful but strong coffee. Oftentimes I get coffee that tastes over-roasted. This stuff is just smooth as hell. The only drawback I'd say is that it will leave your mouth a little oily, but nothing you can't get used to. I just ordered their other blend, "Valhalla Java Odinforce Blend" (according to DWC, it was influenced by guitarist Zakk Wylde) and am eager to try it out.

What about you guys? Ever tried it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like UndauntedToast's post
31-01-2016, 07:58 AM
RE: Death Wish Coffee -- strong but smooth and flavorful
Never tried it, but now I have to Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-01-2016, 08:28 AM
I am not a coffee drinker. Sometimes in cold weather I will make a trip to Starbucks and order something that has a low ratio of actual coffee to other stuff. Therefore I know nothing about making or selecting good coffee.

Years ago I started a job and was being given the grand tour by the owner. One of the stops was at the coffee maker where he instructed me how many scoops of coffee grounds to use if I ever made a pot of coffee.

The second in command then took over the tour. He asked if Bud had told me how to make coffee. I answered that he had. Second in command told me to forget what Bud said because his style of coffee making was causing all the employees to lose the enamel on their teeth. Shocking

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
31-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Do you drink it black? My favorite coffee atm is Caribou coffee. About the smoothest I've run across without any cream or sugar.

I once had similar recommendation about Café Bustelo. It is strong as hell but I just can't stand it black.

Never heard of this but I will definitely have to try it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2016, 08:51 AM
(31-01-2016 08:49 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Do you drink it black? My favorite coffee atm is Caribou coffee. About the smoothest I've run across without any cream or sugar.

I once had similar recommendation about Café Bustelo. It is strong as hell but I just can't stand it black.

Never heard of this but I will definitely have to try it.
Yep. Black.

I forgot about Caribou Coffee! I tried a K Cup of that stuff once and really, really enjoyed it, but I never got around to having any more of it.
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
31-01-2016, 09:27 AM
I'm used to Navy coffee. Start by drawing a chunk from the 20 gallon perculators. Cut off a chunk and chew it for the duration of your watch (4-12 hours). After you are relieved you careful spit it back into the pot for future use. DO NOT thrown it overboard, chunks have crawled up on beaches and injured sunbathers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post