Death and beyond

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2012, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 02:37 PM by Luminon.)
RE: Death and beyond
I still stand behind my claims (as a policy of equal teaching energy-based natural afterlife philosophies and esoteric teachings), this is not a thing of energy, but of matter. There is a subtle matter as a counterpart of everything, specially living organisms. And this etheric component carries the consciousness after death. For about 36 hours, before it dissolves. Don't worry, astral body takes over after that.

Maybe the phantom DNA effect is an example of this subtle detachable counterpart of the ordinary matter. Besides my thread on orgonomy Wink

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Maybe so...

It remains an enigma to me. And, doubtlessly, once that point is cleared up, it will take a big bite out of the religions.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Ok, I got this. When we die, we lose consciousness right? Well, consciousness is a mystical quantum energy chakra thing which can alchemically transmogrify into a ghost! We all turn into ghosts when we die, but as ghosts are filled with quantum energy, we exist in the 10th dimension and can only interact with the 3rd dimension by shaking furniture and messing with electrical wiring. Also, the woosh woosh noises.

Madness aside, death is another process of life. The person is gone forever. We all have to deal with death one point or another. What lives on, as someone said, is the memory of the person. The things one have experienced with said person lives on as memories, the legacy the person left behind, even the trinkets left behind. It's very surreal to see someone you know, lying there, not responding no matter how much you scream and cry. All in all, it's an enriching experience for the living, grieving for the loss of a loved one, and the dead person, for death will be their final experience. When people are not willing to let go, unable to face the fact that their loved ones are gone forever, with no chance of coming back, their imagination runs wild. They yearn for a place where their loved ones will live on even after death, so that they too can join them after their own death. The desperation of the living led to the creation of the afterlife, paradises where the dead roam, free of Earthly duties.

Death is scary, but face it like any other fear. Grief if you need to for your loved ones, treasure your final moments with them. Better, treasure every moment you have with the people you know. Each and every interaction is unique, every moment is precious. Learn something from everything. Weeping

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
10-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Actually, I don't think death is scary.

And yes, the person is gone. Poof.

I am not talking about the existance of a conscious being with memories etc etc after death. I am just talking about energy. A type of energy we are not YET able to measure, but I am sure we will some day, and that will put an end to all of this because we will know where it goes.

Energy is never stagnant. So it goes someplace. Energy also doesn't have any consciousness etc. It visibly leaves the body, as in what made the body alive, moving, etc is gone at the snap of a finger at the exact time of death.

People observing this for centuries gave rise to all the theories about an afterlife. Some day we will be able to measure this and put an end to all these theories.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-05-2012, 05:51 PM
If we are unable to measure this energy, how exactly have people been observing it for centuries?
You seem to be saying that the death of the nervous system leading to a sudden relaxation of muscle tissues is equal to a release of an unobservable kind of energy. This sounds a little bit like wishful thinking. What specifically makes you think it is anything more than that?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
10-05-2012, 07:59 PM
I have seen many deaths in the last 20 years, usually expected with a hospice care plan. I agree that grossly when breaths and heart stop, and the body slackens it appears sudden, all systems malfunction seemingly together. Yet there are still processes that continue as death of the organism becomes final; micro usually both procedes and continutes after macro biochemicalmechanical failure.
That moment; every now and then when we catch it fast enough (within seconds to minutes), and the person had the health reserve to handle such an extreme metabolic insult, we can get them back. Going into most ACLS "codes", you have no idea if the person will make it; with full cardiopulmonary arrest they have all lost their spark.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
[+] 1 user Likes Debzilla's post
10-05-2012, 08:44 PM
(10-05-2012 11:08 AM)Dom Wrote:  Actually, I don't think death is scary.

And yes, the person is gone. Poof.

I am not talking about the existance of a conscious being with memories etc etc after death. I am just talking about energy. A type of energy we are not YET able to measure, but I am sure we will some day, and that will put an end to all of this because we will know where it goes.

Energy is never stagnant. So it goes someplace. Energy also doesn't have any consciousness etc. It visibly leaves the body, as in what made the body alive, moving, etc is gone at the snap of a finger at the exact time of death.

People observing this for centuries gave rise to all the theories about an afterlife. Some day we will be able to measure this and put an end to all these theories.
I find your comments interesting.
Where does the energy go, if anywhere?

I am a little into Buddhism and many people see such as an atheistic philosophy.

I find any continuation, of my physical personality absurd; even from a secular position what is an adults essence 5y/o 12y/o, adolescent ,middle aged? we are in a state of perpetual flux. If an essence moves along post death, there could be further meanings beyond our limited
cognitive abilities.

You mention religions becoming defunct; I would also suggest ther may be self limiting aspects to science. Smartass

[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
10-05-2012, 08:49 PM
There ain't nothing leaving the body nowherez. It's like having a lit flashlight sitting on your desk, and the light flickers and goes out...

Look, Mommy! The light went to heaven!

Ah, no.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-05-2012, 09:01 PM
(10-05-2012 08:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There ain't nothing leaving the body nowherez. It's like having a lit flashlight sitting on your desk, and the light flickers and goes out...

Look, Mommy! The light went to heaven!

Ah, no.
Where's the ontological evidence Hoc or was this just ad hoc?........... Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
10-05-2012, 09:37 PM
(07-05-2012 02:33 PM)Luminon Wrote:  I still stand behind my claims (as a policy of equal teaching energy-based natural afterlife philosophies and esoteric teachings), this is not a thing of energy, but of matter. There is a subtle matter as a counterpart of everything, specially living organisms. And this etheric component carries the consciousness after death. For about 36 hours, before it dissolves. Don't worry, astral body takes over after that.

Maybe the phantom DNA effect is an example of this subtle detachable counterpart of the ordinary matter. Besides my thread on orgonomy Wink
And your evidence?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user