Death-bed Conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2013, 06:07 PM
RE: Death-bed Conversion
(18-06-2013 02:33 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Hitchens was saved on his deathbed? Wow, God is merciful.

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-06-2013, 06:19 PM
(18-06-2013 04:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 02:33 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Hitchens was saved on his deathbed? Wow, God is merciful.

No, you dolt, he wasn't.

Besides, 'salvation' is meaningless.

Well, to the people who pray for me to not only have an agonising death, but then be reborn to have an agonising and horrible eternal life of torture, I say, 'Well, good on you. See you there.'. -- Christopher Hitchens

I don't think souls or bodies can be changed by incantation. Or anything else by the way. -- Christopher Hitchens

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-06-2013, 06:24 PM

If there is even a slight chance of instilling a sense of guilt, or some other negative emotion, in someone, even if it turns out to be the last emotion they get to experience in their life, theists will jump on the opportunity to send someone off on a bad note, huh? Angry
Filthy, and despicable!! Censored

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
18-06-2013, 06:36 PM
(18-06-2013 06:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  

If there is even a slight chance of instilling a sense of guilt, or some other negative emotion, in someone, even if it turns out to be the last emotion they get to experience in their life, theists will jump on the opportunity to send someone off on a bad note, huh? Angry
Filthy, and despicable!! Censored

Completely dishonest too. I'm sure when Rchard Dawkins passes the same lame shit will be also said about him.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-09-2013, 08:50 AM
(18-06-2013 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Priest: "Do you renounce Satan and accept God?"
Voltaire: "Now now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies."
Priest: "Do you renounce Satan and accept God?"
Voltaire: "For God's sake, man, just let me die in peace."

Big Grin

My answer to the priest's question would have been: "I renounce God and don't accept Satan."
05-09-2013, 09:11 AM
(05-09-2013 08:50 AM)veitstoss Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 05:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Priest: "Do you renounce Satan and accept God?"
Voltaire: "Now now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies."
Priest: "Do you renounce Satan and accept God?"
Voltaire: "For God's sake, man, just let me die in peace."

Big Grin

My answer to the priest's question would have been: "I renounce God and don't accept Satan."

I'd go with...

[Image: 1337011314786_7620434.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
05-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Damn I wish Hitch was still around...

I'm sure he knew there would be stories claiming he converted on his death bed, all to try and discredit him.

In actual fact his final words were... "Capitalism, downfall."

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2013, 02:47 PM
There's a better Hitchens story that is true:

On TV, he tells an interviewer that he's received thousands of letters from Christians saying they're praying and hoping for him to get well and etc. The interviewer asks, "And how many of those letters were threatening to you or threatened you with Hell and judgment?"

"Not one," replied Hitchens. "All of them were kindly written."

About five minutes go by and Hitchens says, "...No, I still have not yet received any evidence of a loving god."
10-09-2013, 03:53 PM
(10-09-2013 02:47 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  There's a better Hitchens story that is true:

On TV, he tells an interviewer that he's received thousands of letters from Christians saying they're praying and hoping for him to get well and etc. The interviewer asks, "And how many of those letters were threatening to you or threatened you with Hell and judgment?"

About five minutes go by and Hitchens says, "...No, I still have not yet received any evidence of a loving god."

You will need to provide a source for that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2013, 03:56 PM
(10-09-2013 02:47 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  There's a better Hitchens story that is true:

What is the point of this post? Are you trying to equate the actions of people with evidence of god? If so, that is flawed from the start.

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue