Death-bed Conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2013, 03:31 AM
RE: Death-bed Conversion
(10-09-2013 03:56 PM)darv Wrote:  
(10-09-2013 02:47 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  There's a better Hitchens story that is true:

On TV, he tells an interviewer that he's received thousands of letters from Christians saying they're praying and hoping for him to get well and etc. The interviewer asks, "And how many of those letters were threatening to you or threatened you with Hell and judgment?"

"Not one," replied Hitchens. "All of them were kindly written."

About five minutes go by and Hitchens says, "...No, I still have not yet received any evidence of a loving god."

What is the point of this post? Are you trying to equate the actions of people with evidence of god? If so, that is flawed from the start.

Please forgive PJ, he has the dumbs... Drinking Beverage

[Image: So+you+got+this+gt+quot+++_0d26efb65e716...d57dc7.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2013, 05:59 AM

(11-09-2013 03:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Please forgive PJ, for he knows not what he is doing. (Luke 23:34, paraphrased)

There, fixed it for you.
[Image: trollface.png]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post
11-09-2013, 07:04 AM
(10-09-2013 02:47 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  There's a better Hitchens story that is true:

On TV, he tells an interviewer that he's received thousands of letters from Christians saying they're praying and hoping for him to get well and etc. The interviewer asks, "And how many of those letters were threatening to you or threatened you with Hell and judgment?"

"Not one," replied Hitchens. "All of them were kindly written."

About five minutes go by and Hitchens says, "...No, I still have not yet received any evidence of a loving god."

And how is that an issue? None of the letters that were 'kindly written' were written by a god, they were written by people who apparently didn't claim they were divinely inspired to write those letters.

PJ, are you saying that the only way people can do caring things is if they follow the rules of a religion?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply