Death of a friend..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Death of a friend..
Hi folks.

Less than a week ago, I lost my friend. He was 18 years old.. F*cking eightteen.. Had the world ahead of him, always positive, friendly, all'round a brilliant individual.. He was a Christian, and even though I am a firm atheist, I desperately hope he was right and that he's enjoying himself in heaven as I'm typing this.
I've already talked to my brother (who's also an atheist) about this, and it has definitely helped, although I wouldn't mind a virtual hug or two from this lovely forum.
Take care out there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 11:21 AM
RE: Death of a friend..
Hi Niko,

I am terribly sorry to hear of the loss...it's especially difficult when a life is lost so young.

It's good that you have your brother to talk with...and virtual hugs from here.

Hug

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
11-11-2013, 11:41 AM
There are never any good words when one loses someone close.

I am glad you have your brother.

Doesn't much matter whether there is a heaven or not, it is fine too if he went back to the way it was before we were born.

Hug

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Hearing about your terrible loss saddens me greatly, especially because I'm only 18 years old myself.

I understand if you don't want to talk about it in detail, but how did your friend die?

We're here for you if you ever need a place to vent your emotions. Hug

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-11-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. It is harder when the person is so young.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
11-11-2013, 04:28 PM
(11-11-2013 12:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Hearing about your terrible loss saddens me greatly, especially because I'm only 18 years old myself.

I understand if you don't want to talk about it in detail, but how did your friend die?

He was coming home late from work and some guys wanted to mug him, and he gave them what he had almost without question, but the muggers weren't satisfied and murdered him with a knife..
11-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Sad Sorry for your loss.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-11-2013, 05:24 PM
(11-11-2013 04:28 PM)Niko Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 12:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Hearing about your terrible loss saddens me greatly, especially because I'm only 18 years old myself.

He was coming home late from work and some guys wanted to mug him, and he gave them what he had almost without question, but the muggers weren't satisfied and murdered him with a knife..

Damn that would make me angry. Are you angry yet? I may be coming after you get done with feeling sad...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-11-2013, 05:49 PM
(11-11-2013 11:01 AM)Niko Wrote:  Hi folks.

Less than a week ago, I lost my friend. He was 18 years old.. F*cking eightteen.. Had the world ahead of him, always positive, friendly, all'round a brilliant individual.. He was a Christian, and even though I am a firm atheist, I desperately hope he was right and that he's enjoying himself in heaven as I'm typing this.
I've already talked to my brother (who's also an atheist) about this, and it has definitely helped, although I wouldn't mind a virtual hug or two from this lovely forum.
Take care out there.

I'm a theist, but I'll leave my crap out of this.

I am sorry man.

HugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHug
[+] 1 user Likes The_Thinking_Theist's post
11-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Really sorry to hear that, man. It's not fair. Condolences to the family as well. Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco