Death threat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2015, 06:01 AM
Death threat
So I had a sorta... interesting experience the other night. I came home with my Mama after going (ironically) to a memorial service, and since I was going to be at my parents' place for only a short time I parked in the neighbour's parking - the neighbouring flat has been unoccupied for a while.

Anyway, I had a drink with Ma and decided to head home. Except I was parked in - turned out, by the neighbour, who's moved in recently (unknown to me at the time). I knocked on his door to ask him to move and apologise, and he proceeded to inform me that he was an ex-professional killer and that he'd seriously considered killing me. He was super pissed, and I consider it a credible threat - there are lots of people with dark pasts in South Africa. Lots of heavily armed people with dark pasts.

I'd literally been parked there 30 minutes, it was early evening, he *cannot* have been inconvenienced much.

Anyway, I've talked it over with a few people and informed his landlord and by golly, if he tries anything I will... probably die Tongue I'm going to try and see him this evening and tell him what I've done. I'm hoping he was just super angry and will be reasonable now, but I can't have some psychopath living right next door to my parents.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-11-2015, 06:05 AM
RE: Death threat
On an unrelated note, I'm nearly at 32 768 likes given Smile

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
16-11-2015, 06:21 AM
Well that is scary. If you to back to talk to him I suggest not going alone. Did he seem under the influence of anything?

If it were me I'd consider calling the police. Normal people don't threaten to kill each other, and it's possible the guy is wanted.

I hope things work out ok.
[+] 1 user Likes smeli's post
16-11-2015, 06:22 AM
(16-11-2015 06:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  So I had a sorta... interesting experience the other night. I came home with my Mama after going (ironically) to a memorial service, and since I was going to be at my parents' place for only a short time I parked in the neighbour's parking - the neighbouring flat has been unoccupied for a while.

Anyway, I had a drink with Ma and decided to head home. Except I was parked in - turned out, by the neighbour, who's moved in recently (unknown to me at the time). I knocked on his door to ask him to move and apologise, and he proceeded to inform me that he was an ex-professional killer and that he'd seriously considered killing me. He was super pissed, and I consider it a credible threat - there are lots of people with dark pasts in South Africa. Lots of heavily armed people with dark pasts.

I'd literally been parked there 30 minutes, it was early evening, he *cannot* have been inconvenienced much.

Anyway, I've talked it over with a few people and informed his landlord and by golly, if he tries anything I will... probably die Tongue I'm going to try and see him this evening and tell him what I've done. I'm hoping he was just super angry and will be reasonable now, but I can't have some psychopath living right next door to my parents.

You want to talk with him again and explain that you accidentally parked on his spot or you are going to tell him that you complained to his landlord about him ?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
16-11-2015, 06:33 AM
(16-11-2015 06:21 AM)smeli Wrote:  Well that is scary. If you to back to talk to him I suggest not going alone. Did he seem under the influence of anything?

If it were me I'd consider calling the police. Normal people don't threaten to kill each other, and it's possible the guy is wanted.

I hope things work out ok.

The thing is I don't want to go with anyone that he'll later recognise and possibly target for harassment - my mom is home alone at the moment because my Dad's away. Unfortunately I introduced myself as the son of the people next door so he already knows about my parents. I have considered the police but it was just one threat and SA being the place that it is... I think the protection they'll offer will be minimal, and I can't see them arresting him just on the strength of my accusation.

I also despise this kind of intimidation tactic that he's using, so I think it's better if I talk it out with him. If he does try anything I'd rather be the only one there too. I've already informed the board of trustees. He won't get away with more than one murder Tongue Also he'll hopefully learn that making threats like this results in more admin than he's willing to deal with, and therefore won't do it to other people. It's ridiculous that a grown-ass man has to be taught this kind of social interaction stuff.

Your comments about whether or not he's wanted are noted. He keeps his blinds closed and windows locked even when he's at home, and seems very reclusive. Hmmm. Shit Undecided

As far as I could tell he seemed just angry, not drunk.

16-11-2015, 06:37 AM
(16-11-2015 06:22 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You want to talk with him again and explain that you accidentally parked on his spot or you are going to tell him that you complained to his landlord about him ?

Tell him that I complained.

16-11-2015, 07:16 AM
I would not go back there, it will make him madder.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
16-11-2015, 07:30 AM
I'm also mad though. Why should he get to make a threat like that with no consequence? And if he is violent I want him out. It's possible that he spoke in the heat of the moment and that if I chat to him calmly we can resolve this but I am well prepared to take it further if he's going to continue acting so aggressively.

16-11-2015, 07:33 AM
(16-11-2015 06:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 06:22 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You want to talk with him again and explain that you accidentally parked on his spot or you are going to tell him that you complained to his landlord about him ?

Tell him that I complained.
I think you should reconsider your course of action.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
16-11-2015, 07:45 AM
If he really is a former hired killer would he really out himself like that? He seems more like a cunt than anything else. Besides since you are thinking of going back there he couldn't have said it very convincingly.

That said. I do prefer you to be a Morondog than a Deaddog, so do be careful