Death threat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2015, 09:45 AM
RE: Death threat
I wouldn't tell him about the complaint. If you must speak with him the only thing I would do is apologize one more time for parking in his spot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2015, 09:45 AM
So, did he move his car and let you out?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
16-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Well I knocked on his door this eve. He was clearly in, but didn't answer, even though I rang repeatedly.

Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it. I'm inclined to leave him alone anyway, I would definitely do that if he wasn't my parents' neighbour.

I wouldn't look for an apology nor am I trying to scare him - he scares the shit out of me, there's fuck all chance. But I'm fucked if I'm going to apologise again either. I do want to know if he really is a danger to his neighbours, or if he was just playing some ridiculous macho game.

I'm not sorry at all that I complained first and then will go to speak to him. If another incident occurs he can be kicked out that much faster. If he didn't want that to happen he shouldn't have made the threat.

The main thing I'm worried about is I want a clear resolution to this before my father returns home because he's nutty enough that when he finds out about it *he* might be the one waving a gun around.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-11-2015, 03:11 PM
(16-11-2015 09:45 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  So, did he move his car and let you out?

Yeah.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-11-2015, 03:12 PM
(16-11-2015 03:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  Well I knocked on his door this eve. He was clearly in, but didn't answer, even though I rang repeatedly.

Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it. I'm inclined to leave him alone anyway, I would definitely do that if he wasn't my parents' neighbour.

I wouldn't look for an apology nor am I trying to scare him - he scares the shit out of me, there's fuck all chance. But I'm fucked if I'm going to apologise again either. I do want to know if he really is a danger to his neighbours, or if he was just playing some ridiculous macho game.

I'm not sorry at all that I complained first and then will go to speak to him. If another incident occurs he can be kicked out that much faster. If he didn't want that to happen he shouldn't have made the threat.

The main thing I'm worried about is I want a clear resolution to this before my father returns home because he's nutty enough that when he finds out about it *he* might be the one waving a gun around.
*Hugs*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
17-11-2015, 07:17 AM
So I stuck a note on his door today. Told him the details, gave him a copy of the statement that I made. Explained why I took the actions that I did. Said that I would prefer to resolve this amicably if possible. Gave him my number Confused Now I'm feeling pretty nervous... Sad

17-11-2015, 07:28 AM
(17-11-2015 07:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  So I stuck a note on his door today. Told him the details, gave him a copy of the statement that I made. Explained why I took the actions that I did. Said that I would prefer to resolve this amicably if possible. Gave him my number Confused Now I'm feeling pretty nervous... Sad

Hug I hope everything works out okay.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-11-2015, 07:51 AM
(16-11-2015 06:01 AM)morondog Wrote:  So I had a sorta... interesting experience the other night. I came home with my Mama after going (ironically) to a memorial service, and since I was going to be at my parents' place for only a short time I parked in the neighbour's parking - the neighbouring flat has been unoccupied for a while.

Anyway, I had a drink with Ma and decided to head home. Except I was parked in - turned out, by the neighbour, who's moved in recently (unknown to me at the time). I knocked on his door to ask him to move and apologise, and he proceeded to inform me that he was an ex-professional killer and that he'd seriously considered killing me. He was super pissed, and I consider it a credible threat - there are lots of people with dark pasts in South Africa. Lots of heavily armed people with dark pasts.

I'd literally been parked there 30 minutes, it was early evening, he *cannot* have been inconvenienced much.

Anyway, I've talked it over with a few people and informed his landlord and by golly, if he tries anything I will... probably die Tongue I'm going to try and see him this evening and tell him what I've done. I'm hoping he was just super angry and will be reasonable now, but I can't have some psychopath living right next door to my parents.

Buy him a case of decent beer, bring it over and offer another formal apology. I wouldn't stay to have the beer with him because "you're on your way to meet a woman for a date," or something. If that doesn't smooth it over, then I'd be concerned that you might actually be dealing with a nut-job.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
17-11-2015, 08:00 AM
If he were willing to go as far as killing, he probably would have also been willing to vandalize your car or something, not just do some passive aggressive bullshit like blocking it in. Next time he makes a threat, eat his dog Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
17-11-2015, 08:14 AM
(17-11-2015 08:00 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If he were willing to go as far as killing, he probably would have also been willing to vandalize your car or something, not just do some passive aggressive bullshit like blocking it in. Next time he makes a threat, eat his dog Tongue

Yeah... you're right. I'm not being super rational about this myself. At the same time this is a guy I don't know from Adam. I've actually done a bit of google-snooping and established that he owns a legit business close by, and has done for decades, which makes me feel better. A guy who's spent years building a business isn't gonna risk it for a parking space. 99 to 1 he was just being a total dickhead.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post