Death toll climbs to 15, missing person reports soar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2017, 06:11 PM
RE: Death toll climbs to 15, missing person reports soar
(10-10-2017 05:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 05:19 PM)JAH Wrote:  Chas, not to be rude but it is Santa Ana winds in Southern California in Northern California they are usually described as Valley winds. Having lived my whole life in the San Francisco Bay Area this has been most unusual. I can remember days in San Francisco when it was hot and dry and dusty, one did have to worry about valley fever but the sky was not smokey to the extent that the sun was obscured.

I think it is possible that a close friends childhood home in Santa Rosa has burned down. And a beautiful home my wife's parents built near Kenwood may have burned down.

Thanks for the info. The Boston TV news/weather was saying this. They had a map and everything. Yes

There are fires burning in southern cal as well. Santa Ana winds would affect those.

Meanwhile I've got VERY close friends in the Santa Rosa area and some in Napa that I'm terrified for.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2017, 09:05 PM
None of the fires appear near there but a very close friend has a ranch near Fort Ross. I wish I was more able to help.
10-10-2017, 09:11 PM
I heard that they were calling the winds Los Diablos and that since no lightning has been reported it was most likely started by humans.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-10-2017, 09:13 PM
(10-10-2017 05:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This makes me so sad. When we finally moved out of Tahoe and snow country, we moved near Calastoga. It's a lovely little town. We would go there for groceries. My brothers played basketball against Santa Rosa all the time.

There are natural springs bubbling up all over the place in Calastoga. We lived in a community near Calastoga called Anderson's Springs which was a wonderful resort area. The entire community burned to the ground two years ago, including the house I lived in as a kid. Someone filmed their harrowing escape from the fire through the only road out of Anderson's Springs. When I recognized the Anderson's Springs signature arch way sign in the video at 00:55 I broke down and cried. It was a major part of my childhood.

Now it's happening agian. Fucking global warming. Santa Rosa is beautiful wine country. Just idealic. What a tragic situation.

Quick, pull over and film a horror movie while the effects are free!

'Murican Canadian
10-10-2017, 09:16 PM
I’d totally still move back there.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-10-2017, 09:18 PM
(10-10-2017 09:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I heard that they were calling the winds Los Diablos and that since no lightning has been reported it was most likely started by humans.

I don’t know if this true or fake news but my friend there said 12 separate fires all started recently (Sunday) merged.

Humans used to be my favorite people, now so many are just assholes.

10-10-2017, 09:22 PM
One of our friends raises goats, and she has the herd in the back of a dump truck. They are not all that cooperative when things get exciting, so she is hesitant to put them out in the pasture.
10-10-2017, 10:00 PM
2017 is great year for the US so far. An idiot came into power, two major hurricanes devastated part of your country, nazi marched through the streets of a few of your city, the specter or war is rising around North Korea, a few highly mediatised police shooting on unarmed individuals, the largest mass shooting in your country recent history, stormy coulds over your healthcare and immigration system future. I really you will pull through this one and have a better 2018, but it seems the US are in middle of a political and social crisis that threaten to hide a mounting ecological crisis. The accelerated desertification of California as well as the heighten vulnerability of the central plains to drout isn't new. I think I will be alive to see the next great Dust Bowl.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
11-10-2017, 01:04 AM
One of my besties is officially on the missing list.

Sadcryface

11-10-2017, 07:09 PM
(11-10-2017 01:04 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  One of my besties is officially on the missing list.

Sadcryface

*hugs*