Death toll climbs to 15, missing person reports soar

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: Death toll climbs to 15, missing person reports soar
It is so sad. Smoke is everywhere, even if you are not anywhere near the fire zone. I go outside and the smoke is literally everywhere even if you are miles from the blaze. It's a constant reminder of what everyone is going through and all of the devastation. My heart just breaks for everyone impacted by this.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-10-2017, 07:15 PM
It was so pretty there, too. I could easily live there.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-10-2017, 07:16 PM
Such a loss.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
11-10-2017, 07:17 PM
(11-10-2017 07:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  It was so pretty there, too. I could easily live there.

One of my favorite areas in CA, so sad all around.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-10-2017, 08:00 PM
(11-10-2017 07:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 01:04 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  One of my besties is officially on the missing list.

Sadcryface

*hugs*

No official word, but it’s not looking good.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-10-2017, 08:01 PM
(11-10-2017 08:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 07:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs*

I'm so sorry.

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-10-2017, 08:20 PM
(11-10-2017 08:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 07:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs*

I saw on the news that the cell phone towers burned up so it's difficult for people who are lost to contact those searching for them. Some people are driving from shelter to shelter looking for loved ones.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-10-2017, 08:28 PM
(11-10-2017 08:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 08:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No official word, but it’s not looking good.

I saw on the news that the cell phone towers burned up so it's difficult for people who are lost to contact those searching for them. Some people are driving from shelter to shelter looking for loved ones.

Its been difficult for area hospitals to find people too. We’ve been working with friends in the area hospitals, sending messages. Their work schedules are messed up. They even offered to fly the man down to help them (he knows everyone).

The rest is too hard to think about. We almost bought a home in the now burned out area in 2004. Up until now we have regretted not doing that.

Thanks.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-10-2017, 08:34 PM
(10-10-2017 10:00 PM)epronovost Wrote:  2017 is great year for the US so far. An idiot came into power, two major hurricanes devastated part of your country, nazi marched through the streets of a few of your city, the specter or war is rising around North Korea, a few highly mediatised police shooting on unarmed individuals, the largest mass shooting in your country recent history, stormy coulds over your healthcare and immigration system future. I really you will pull through this one and have a better 2018, but it seems the US are in middle of a political and social crisis that threaten to hide a mounting ecological crisis. The accelerated desertification of California as well as the heighten vulnerability of the central plains to drout isn't new. I think I will be alive to see the next great Dust Bowl.

In Mother 'Murica, In Soviet Russia jokes tell you...

12-10-2017, 12:42 PM
I live in Marin Co a long way away from the fires, the sky is smoky and so is the smell of the air.

People here a few years ago balked at some being assessed a fee for wild land fire service. I live and most in this county live in places very similar to Santa Rosa or Calistoga or Napa. These fires may be our faith next year or some other time. Mill Valley almost burned down in 194?, look it up if you need too.

I am forced to think very much about the foliage around my house.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post