Debate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Debate?
Does anyone here actively debate against theists?

My cousin hosts a christian radio show, is a presuppositional apologetic pastor and I'd like to hear someone call in and destroy his arguments.

Smile

Seriously.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 11:34 AM
RE: Debate?
What would be the point of that? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
03-12-2013, 11:44 AM
If you heard his show, you'd understand.
03-12-2013, 11:49 AM
I can't see anything tp be gained. They aren't interested in debate or discussion.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
03-12-2013, 12:29 PM
(03-12-2013 11:49 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I can't see anything tp be gained. They aren't interested in debate or discussion.

Sad but true.
03-12-2013, 12:43 PM
(03-12-2013 11:34 AM)Vosur Wrote:  What would be the point of that? Consider

For those who don't mind it is fun. I don't do it myself because radio and TV is always geared to the host and they are the ringmaster. If they are doing it right(as far as putting on a show) they set you up as the caller for a "ah ha, gotcha" moment.

What the host will do when they know you have the goods on them will pot down your mic or cut you off, then have the last word.

I prefer text debates because they can't run and hide or shut down the thread unless they are a mod.

Most theists don't like debating me because I don't like going down their yellow brick road and like to cut to the chase. Putting the cart before the horse is what they do and they make excuses as to why they are not retrofiting after the fact when they haven't even established the viability of a god being possible in the first place even before you get to the first word of their comic book.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
03-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Out of curiosity, what is the name of your cousin's show? Also, hope you live in a warm climate. Kilts can get awfully breezy.
Doc
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
03-12-2013, 02:13 PM
When the central figure of his argument can be replaced with a pink fluffy unicorn and it doesn't change the argument, then there is really nothing to debate.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
(03-12-2013 11:25 AM)KiltedAtheist Wrote:  Does anyone here actively debate against theists?

My cousin hosts a christian radio show, is a presuppositional apologetic pastor and I'd like to hear someone call in and destroy his arguments.

Smile

Seriously.

If the participants in a debate are ultra dogmatic, they usually end up abusing one another.
The best we can hope for is to learn something, not push our own brand of egocentricity down the other party's throat.
If we feel categorically RIGHT, let's just bask in our glory.
03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
(03-12-2013 12:55 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Out of curiosity, what is the name of your cousin's show? Also, hope you live in a warm climate. Kilts can get awfully breezy.
Doc

WaitWHAT???? The Fire in Ye Loins doesn't keep you warm? What kind of Scotsman are you???

Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post