Debate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Debate?
(04-12-2013 09:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 04:06 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Most of the people here don't understand presuppositional apologetics [...]
How do you know that? Consider

Because he said so, that makes it true. Rolleyes

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2013, 10:19 PM
(03-12-2013 11:25 AM)KiltedAtheist Wrote:  Does anyone here actively debate against theists?

My cousin hosts a christian radio show, is a presuppositional apologetic pastor and I'd like to hear someone call in and destroy his arguments.

Smile

Seriously.

After briefly skimming this blog page, I regret to inform you that your cousin is incurably, irrevocably, ain't-no-fixin'-this-shit batshit crazy.

Sorry, friend.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-12-2013, 07:12 AM
(04-12-2013 10:19 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 11:25 AM)KiltedAtheist Wrote:  Does anyone here actively debate against theists?

My cousin hosts a christian radio show, is a presuppositional apologetic pastor and I'd like to hear someone call in and destroy his arguments.

Smile

Seriously.

After briefly skimming this blog page, I regret to inform you that your cousin is incurably, irrevocably, ain't-no-fixin'-this-shit batshit crazy.

Sorry, friend.

I was afraid of that.

SmileSmile
05-12-2013, 07:37 AM
(04-12-2013 10:19 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  After briefly skimming this blog page, I regret to inform you that your cousin is incurably, irrevocably, ain't-no-fixin'-this-shit batshit crazy.

A huge part of his problem is he can't stop mixing up terms and definitions. If one of his core complaints about atheists are that they believe in evolution and the big bang, nothing else he says after that is going to make any sense. It would make as much sense for me to say that you can't discuss religion with a theist because they deny climate change (a statement that is both false and a non sequitur).

Now, he at least starts to get to criticisms that could lead to discussion by talking about how atheists don't believe the word of God (obviously, but at least it is consistent with the definition of atheism). Sadly, it kind of falls apart when he assumes that the word of God is correct a priori and assumes this makes atheists wrong.

So, yeah, not much actual content in that blog. Just him saying "don't coddle atheists because [lies and logical fallacies]".
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-12-2013, 08:25 AM
(04-12-2013 09:45 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 09:34 PM)Vosur Wrote:  How do you know that? Consider

Because he said so, that makes it true. Rolleyes

LOL Chippy is so special isn't he?

[Image: d1b2549a.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
08-12-2013, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 06:05 AM by anonymous66.)
@ the OP. Has anyone ever

1. point out that he can't just presuppose that God exists, but that he must rather provide some evidence of His existence?

2. asked if he has heard of Russel's teapot?
08-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Public, oral debates, many times, boil down to how the orator comes across. It's all about showmanship and charisma. That's why I prefer posted debates.