Debate Video -- Dawkins Vs. Some Creationist..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 03:12 AM
RE: Debate Video -- Dawkins Vs. Some Creationist..
Hobbitgirl, I want my 58 minutes back! Wink

And put up a warning sign or something, as such large amounts of stupid are likely to cause some permanent brain damage.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
04-09-2014, 05:27 AM
[Image: zombie-brains-jesus.jpg]

don't believe everything you think
[+] 9 users Like church_organ's post
04-09-2014, 05:29 AM
(04-09-2014 03:12 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  Hobbitgirl, I want my 58 minutes back! Wink

And put up a warning sign or something, as such large amounts of stupid are likely to cause some permanent brain damage.

I'm afraid I can't do that. I thrive on stealing precious time from innocent folks. I'm like a time vampire. Wink
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
04-09-2014, 08:13 AM
(03-09-2014 07:15 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 07:05 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Their position has been refuted many times. No need to do it again.

Has it now? You have a way of knowing things without God? Without an absolute knower?

Diddo, you've been refuted numerous times, and all you do anymore is just post about how we're wrong without actually discussing anything in good faith.

Stop being a twatshitter.
04-09-2014, 10:59 AM
(03-09-2014 12:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 09:51 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I get so frustrated watching videos like that I want to reach inside the monitor and strangle creationists.

Probably because you know that they have the truth.
Can you unscramble this word?
LROTL

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
04-09-2014, 11:20 AM
(04-09-2014 10:59 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 12:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Probably because you know that they have the truth.
Can you unscramble this word?
LROTL

That was completely pointless... Facepalm

Truth seeker.
04-09-2014, 11:42 AM
(04-09-2014 05:29 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm like a time vampire. Wink

"Don't blink..."

[Image: Doctor_who_weeping_angels__gif_by_TheGenetics.gif]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
05-09-2014, 12:36 AM
(03-09-2014 12:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 09:51 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I get so frustrated watching videos like that I want to reach inside the monitor and strangle creationists.

Probably because you know that they have the truth.

It seems likely that the reason you are so obsessed with posting on this forum is that, deep down, you think Atheists are right. You recognize reason when it is presented to you, and it frustrates you. You are nothing more than an angry presuppositionalist with an obsession with unbelievers and you prove it more and more every time you post.

See. Isn't that an infuriating and arrogant way to argue? I don't actually believe that about you, but I hope it demonstrates how inappropriate your comment was. I don't think anyone appreciates it when someone is NOT LISTENING, but instead wants to use their own emotions and ideas against them. You are behaving in an ARROGANT and HOSTILE manner, and I don't appreciate it.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
05-09-2014, 12:41 AM
(03-09-2014 06:57 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You keep attacking them, but you have not actually refuted their position. Drinking Beverage

You keep asserting things, but you haven't actually provided any evidence, good reasons, or even refutations of anyone else's positions. You might as well begin every post with "Well, as a hypocrite..."

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Phoenix's post
05-09-2014, 12:50 AM
(03-09-2014 07:15 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 07:05 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't dare to watch, I don't need to lose any more brain cells listening to a creationist.

Their position has been refuted many times. No need to do it again.

Has it now? You have a way of knowing things without God? Without an absolute knower?

Yes it has. I recommend you visit talkorigins.org and do some reading. I learned a lot about the evidence of Evolution and read several refutations of Creationist ideas. These are scientific topics, and not all of us here are scientists. We prefer to defer to them.

To assert that god is necessary in order to establish knowledge as valid, is to reason in a circle. In order to assert it, you must already assume foundational beliefs in reason, the validity of the knowledge on this very subject, and in the reliability of your cognitive functions to perform this action accurately and with understanding.

Basically, you are trying to validate basic beliefs using god, while using basic beliefs to validate god. You are reasoning in a circle.

-Karl Marx