Debate Video -- Dawkins Vs. Some Creationist..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: Debate Video -- Dawkins Vs. Some Creationist..
(05-09-2014 12:41 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 06:57 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You keep attacking them, but you have not actually refuted their position. Drinking Beverage

You keep asserting things, but you haven't actually provided any evidence, good reasons, or even refutations of anyone else's positions. You might as well begin every post with "Well, as a hypocrite..."

No he is just a troll. He has been fishing for months trying to find a hook. He started off with being an emo, that didn't work. Then he tried to claim being transgender, that didn't work. So now he finally found something that gets him attention.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-09-2014, 12:43 PM
There was this one time in my biology class when I didn't understand something. Right then, I knew this was god's way of sending me a sign. My right arm grew lighter and lighter until it was raised straight up to heaven. It was a miracle.
My biology teacher said "Yes, you have a question ?"
I asked "I don't understand that last concept. Could you go over it again ?"
Teacher "Not a problem"
He explained it to me, showing me examples, giving me and rest of the class a full in depth look at the subject.
I finally understood what he was saying.

So, in this story, who imparted information to me ? Who helped me understand the reality of biology ?
And what story did I just make up to help prove my point ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
06-09-2014, 08:39 PM
he closes with "god bless you" I can't help but think that was a little bit of a dick move, even though it's usually meant as a kind gesture. Maybe not, who knows.

People are so stupid it hurts to watch. He's literally proving him wrong and yet he still goes with intelligent design. I give much respect to Dawkins for putting in the patience and energy.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
06-09-2014, 09:25 PM
(03-09-2014 06:57 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 02:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Nope. Because creationists are ignorant, immoral, have zero evidence for gawd and don't understand the concept of how to answer a direct question with a direct answer.

PS. Get some therapy with a really good and accredited therapist. You won't regret it.

You keep attacking them, but you have not actually refuted their position. Drinking Beverage

Diddo, I'll have you know that I'm now a believer. Last night God visited me to show himself to me actually, truly and physically. He's actually not all that good looking, but man can he tell a story.

Anyway, he specifically told me that you are wrong about what you believe, and that all life is precious, pure and special, and that we're all going to an eternal Chucky Cheese for the afterlife, no questions asked.

You may think I'm making this up but it really happened, so I challenge you to refute it with undeniable evidence. If you can't do that, then you are so obviously wrong about everything you're saying. That's just logic, isn't it?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-09-2014, 09:26 PM
(03-09-2014 07:15 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 07:05 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I don't dare to watch, I don't need to lose any more brain cells listening to a creationist.

Their position has been refuted many times. No need to do it again.

Has it now? You have a way of knowing things without God? Without an absolute knower?

Fucking one trick pony you are so godsdamn boring. Your brand of stupid has been explained and refuted by several people here so your continued attempts to lie about it are just plain boring. You are a troll and the greatest sin of any troll is to be boring.

Now go play in a minefield you blithering idiot.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
07-09-2014, 06:33 AM
(03-09-2014 07:18 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  What is your absolute standard of truth?

The standard is substantial unerring predictive power. What predictions does your absolute knowledge enable you to make that differ from the predictions my meagre contingent knowledge makes? Are you ready to make your predictions so that we can perform an experiment to determine which prediction holds? Yours or mine?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
07-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Dildo's favorite movie is Groundhog Day.
07-09-2014, 09:47 PM
The guy says he accepts "god did it" because he doesn't see how evolution can work.
Dawkins asks "So all I have to do is prove to you how evolution works and then you will convert?"
The other guy "Yeah, I guess so"
Dawkins then explains some of the evidence for evolution. How it works, how it can lead to minute improvements over time, how different stages of eye evolution are seen in living creatures today.
The other guy, "I don't know about all that, but in Genesis it says..."

I don't know why Dawkins bothered continuing with the conversation.
He ought to have said "as your guest I am keen to talk to your audience about evolution. I am one of the world's leading authorities on the matter. I can field any questions, preponderances or interest your audience may have with regards to where the scientific knowledge is currently at and expected to be going.

But if you just want me to sit here and listen to you quoting Genesis or bringing up some anecdotal stories about you having an unexplained feeling of electricity. You don't really need an evolutionary biologist for that, you don't even need a person sitting in this chair. Just stand on a pulpit and speak directly into the camera.
You have me here now, do you want to make use of my scientific knowledge?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post