Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 06:26 PM
RE: Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.
(29-11-2013 05:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 05:42 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well, first of all Bucky,
it's assaulting to the eye to write your posts
like it is a stanza of poetry, even if that's not
your intention. But who cares lol.

What I want you and everyone else to do is to meditate with a mantra or by counting breaths for a few hours and report back to me.

Irrelevant.
You're not writing my posts, you're reading them.
The results are still personal interpretation. "Reporting back" that which has a perfectly natural explanation is proof of nothing.
Your assumption that no one else here does not meditate, is erroneous.
What you "want" is no argument. It's deflection. Apparently you are unable to rationally defend your assertions.
Nice try. Pathetic fail. Seriously ? That's all you got ? This meditation shit again ?

The boxer still remains. You proved nothing but an unwillingness to try new things.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 06:30 PM
(29-11-2013 06:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 06:04 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You got to be kidding me. People have more important things to do like go see the movie Thor the Dark World in an hour.
Thats my case anyway
Chase <--- also more important

Duuuude try and meditate one day, you'll enjoy it atheist or not. And it will lead to a whole new world of debunking me.

The boxer continues asserting shit, and proving NOTHING, per his usual fail.
Actually it will do nothing of the sort. It's still personal interpretation.
You have not established the criteria for the evidence, simply asserted what you CLAIM to be some.
Person-hood refutes your deity. Persons have "a" personality, and not "another" personality, thus they cannot be infinite, in any way. Person-hood is simply anthropomorphic projection, (not even very creative at that). So easy. Try try again.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-11-2013, 06:34 PM
(29-11-2013 06:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 06:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Duuuude try and meditate one day, you'll enjoy it atheist or not. And it will lead to a whole new world of debunking me.

The boxer continues asserting shit, and proving NOTHING, per his usual fail.
You have not established the criteria for the evidence, simply asserted what you CLAIM to be some.
Person-hood refutes your deity. Persons have "a" personality, and not "another" personality, thus they cannot be infinite, in any way. Person-hood is simply anthropomorphic projection, (not even very creative at that). So easy. Try try again.

Nope. By person I mean His character traits are love, kindness, compassion, etc. etc.
29-11-2013, 06:41 PM
(29-11-2013 06:34 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 06:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The boxer continues asserting shit, and proving NOTHING, per his usual fail.

Nope. By person I mean His character traits are love, kindness, compassion, etc. etc.

Doesn't matter what you "mean".
Your assertions and definitions, with no evidence, are worthless.
Countless nut cases in psych wards assert they are Hitler, Jesus, Napoleon, etc ect.
Your assertions have no more merit than they do.
The emotions you list arise in brains, (and ONLY brains), and have perfectly natural explanations. Projecting them onto your imaginary deity is meaningless. It's STILL a limited "personality". One thing, and not another. If your deity were infinite, then it would have to encompass ALL of Reality, including evil, AND "non-existence'. Does your deity encompass non-existence ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
29-11-2013, 06:41 PM
(29-11-2013 06:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The boxer continues asserting shit, and proving NOTHING, per his usual fail.

ugh..whatever. The thing is its just a misapprehension from a meditation. I have meditated before, just last night before bed (I find it relaxing thats it) I know how my mind works, sometimes I get glimpses of a pictures or a scene, this is very much like when you dream. Not once have I thought this was outside of myself or brain. How can you be so sure your not mistaken?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
29-11-2013, 06:48 PM
(29-11-2013 06:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Duuuude try and meditate one day, you'll enjoy it atheist or not. And it will lead to a whole new world of debunking me.

TT I have done meditations allot in the past, and have a good idea of the state you feel, but now with the skeptical materialism switch tripped in my head, its just sitting still psychoanalysing my thoughts. The magic is lost to reason. Much like "paranormal activity" would have scared the bejebus out of me, now makes me yawn.
You have to already believe in the supernatural to get your Deist affirmation through meditation.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
29-11-2013, 07:10 PM

More bare assertions that are without evidence.

You are asserting things you can't possibly know; you're just making shit up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-11-2013, 07:17 PM
(29-11-2013 06:23 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Why? Why on earth would I lie? What could I possibly gain?
You did it because you started an argument as to whether or not God is a person but didn't and still don't want to admit that you were wrong after I've shown your claim to be false using several reputable dictionaries.

You are intellectually dishonest regardless of whether or not you have the balls to admit it publicly.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-11-2013, 07:21 PM
(29-11-2013 07:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 06:34 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Nope. By person I mean His character traits are love, kindness, compassion, etc. etc.

More bare assertions that are without evidence.

You are asserting things you can't possibly know; you're just making shit up.

I've put swiss cheese on my sammich for din din.............and it made me think of TT's thread here.
Drinking Beverage

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
29-11-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm not in the mood to talk anymore.