Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.
(30-11-2013 09:18 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 08:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah, you CONSISTENTLY make up shit over here.
Meditation woo woo.
That's all you do. You have no clue how to answer anything objections to your woo.
Meditation woo, is still worthless woo.
Your reply is a non sequitur.

Not to bring uproar upon this thread --- I happen to really like meditation. Clears my head and helps me focus if there's something I'm struggling with. Actually - witchiness or *god* aside - I learned it from a very diligent shrink back in the 90s. Useful tool really.

There's nothing concrete that ties meditation to woo alone. Sure many associate mediation to Woo - my pagan peeps for sure. But meditation exists outside of the woo world.

just sayin........

Exactly, Bucky is just kicking the wounded and has claimed too much and has made a mistake. Meditation isn't 'woo' (whatever dafuq that is) but a proven medical and metaphysical tool.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 11:33 AM
(30-11-2013 10:38 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 09:18 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Not to bring uproar upon this thread --- I happen to really like meditation. Clears my head and helps me focus if there's something I'm struggling with. Actually - witchiness or *god* aside - I learned it from a very diligent shrink back in the 90s. Useful tool really.
There's nothing concrete that ties meditation to woo alone. Sure many associate mediation to Woo - my pagan peeps for sure. But meditation exists outside of the woo world.
Exactly, Bucky is just kicking the wounded and has claimed too much and has made a mistake. Meditation isn't 'woo' (whatever dafuq that is) but a proven medical and metaphysical tool.

Well TTT, as someone who's done yoga and meditated for at least 35+ years, I can tell you that perhaps you have ignored a particular mechanism of meditation. The purpose of meditation, as WSabrina points out, is to clear the mind and bring focus. There is a time to focus the mind and a time to clear the mind.

Yoga is a focus which involves meditation - the focus is completely on the body. Yoga is a body meditation.

The purpose of meditation itself, is to pull the mind away from ALL things - from ALL thought - from ALL FOCUS - to make the mind a blank. Blank. To be nothing.

If you meditate on something specific, well, then you are not meditating, you are focusing on that thing. You have not allowed the mind to erase this focus and so, when that thing comes along, you would be unable to objectively focus on it or even acknowledge it with any degree of common sense.

If you meditate ON a thing - focus ON a thing - you are not meditating.

Perhaps you might inquire about a thing before you make confused statements about it. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
30-11-2013, 11:40 AM
(30-11-2013 10:38 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 09:18 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Not to bring uproar upon this thread --- I happen to really like meditation. Clears my head and helps me focus if there's something I'm struggling with. Actually - witchiness or *god* aside - I learned it from a very diligent shrink back in the 90s. Useful tool really.

just sayin........

No one is saying meditation does not have therapeutic effects or observed beneficial effects.
Mediatation in no way points to anything "supernatural" or "divine".
There is no such thing as "metaphysical". So no, it's a proven tool, not a proven "metaphysical" tool, or anything "metaphysical". Meditation used as a support for anything "supernatural", (as it's observed effects are TOTALLY explained by NATURAL phenomena) is woo.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-11-2013, 11:50 AM
(30-11-2013 11:40 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one is saying meditation does not have therapeutic effects or observed beneficial effects.
Mediatation in no way points to anything "supernatural" or "divine".
There is no such thing as "metaphysical". So no, it's a proven tool, not a proven "metaphysical" tool, or anything "metaphysical". Meditation used as a support for anything "supernatural", (as it's observed effects are TOTALLY explained by NATURAL phenomena) is woo.

I have to agree with this. There is nothing "metaphysical" about meditation. Now, if one is LOOKING for something metaphysical, then it will surely be found.

What is the expression... ? I hope I can recall it correctly:

The only nirvana one will find on the top of a mountain, is what one brings with them.

You are putting your cart far ahead of your horse, TTT. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-11-2013, 12:42 PM
It's not wise to trust your mind anyway, it tends to make shit up to make you happy.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 6 users Like Question's post
30-11-2013, 01:26 PM
(30-11-2013 08:10 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 08:06 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah, you CONSISTENTLY make up shit over here.
Meditation woo woo.
That's all you do. You have no clue how to answer anything objections to your woo.
Meditation woo, is still worthless woo.
Your reply is a non sequitur.

Man. If you chase this poor kid into the loving embrace of Suscipe Domine, I'm gonna be totally embarassed to be an atheist.

for a minute

I'll start a novena to the Most Holy Semi-pierced and Dribbling Voluptuousness today, right after Vespers, that the "poor kid" stays out of the arms of the ''sedevacantists" and their insane ilk.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
30-11-2013, 02:35 PM
(30-11-2013 08:26 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  You all win. again

Does that mean 'I have been trampled in the dirt and therefore will not express my opinion on this topic again', or does it mean 'I have changed my opinion on this topic'... 'cos if it's option A, sucks, B is better.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-11-2013, 03:21 PM
(30-11-2013 11:33 AM)kim Wrote:  The purpose of meditation itself, is to pull the mind away from ALL things - from ALL thought - from ALL FOCUS - to make the mind a blank. Blank. To be nothing.

Tabula rasa for the win. Thumbsup

[Image: tumblr_m6eyy0Q2nU1rziwwco1_400.gif]
30-11-2013, 05:37 PM
(30-11-2013 12:42 PM)Question Wrote:  It's not wise to trust your mind anyway, it tends to make shit up to make you happy.

This post needs more recognition.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
01-12-2013, 01:55 PM
(30-11-2013 05:37 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(30-11-2013 12:42 PM)Question Wrote:  It's not wise to trust your mind anyway, it tends to make shit up to make you happy.

This post needs more recognition.

Duly noted.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post