Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.
Up and down quarks are held together in protons and neutrons by the strong force. There is an inherent randomness to everything quantum, but statistically speaking the force is pretty well understood and predictable. It shows no sign of conciousness that I'm aware of. Is your god pretty well understood and predictable? Does your god show signs of conciousness? If so, how do you connect these forces and your God? What makes you think that one is equal to the other?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
29-11-2013, 10:48 AM
(29-11-2013 09:17 AM)ThepantheistThinking_Theist Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 09:01 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So there's the electromagnetic force, gravity, the strong force, the weak force, and... the god force?
... or are all of these other forces the expression of a God?

Yes, they are. Because God is everything, that includes force, so without God there would be no drive and therefor no way to hold quarks together let alone planets.
So you're a pantheist.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post
29-11-2013, 10:52 AM
A Pretty Pantheist, you might have to change your name!
29-11-2013, 01:22 PM
(29-11-2013 10:48 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 09:17 AM)ThepantheistThinking_Theist Wrote:  Yes, they are. Because God is everything, that includes force, so without God there would be no drive and therefor no way to hold quarks together let alone planets.
So you're a pantheist.

Nope. God is a person.
29-11-2013, 01:23 PM
(29-11-2013 09:26 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Up and down quarks are held together in protons and neutrons by the strong force. There is an inherent randomness to everything quantum, but statistically speaking the force is pretty well understood and predictable. It shows no sign of conciousness that I'm aware of. Is your god pretty well understood and predictable? Does your god show signs of conciousness? If so, how do you connect these forces and your God? What makes you think that one is equal to the other?

God is an all knowing all loving and all powerful being that is conscious, though it would be impossible to imagine anything from His perspective.
29-11-2013, 01:30 PM
(29-11-2013 01:23 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 09:26 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Up and down quarks are held together in protons and neutrons by the strong force. There is an inherent randomness to everything quantum, but statistically speaking the force is pretty well understood and predictable. It shows no sign of conciousness that I'm aware of. Is your god pretty well understood and predictable? Does your god show signs of conciousness? If so, how do you connect these forces and your God? What makes you think that one is equal to the other?

God is an all knowing all loving and all powerful being that is conscious, though it would be impossible to imagine anything from His perspective.
You didn't answer his questions. Dodgy
29-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Sounds like communism to me...
[+] 1 user Likes TheKetola's post
29-11-2013, 01:32 PM
(29-11-2013 01:22 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 10:48 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  So you're a pantheist.

Nope. God is a person.

So your god is mortal?
But he is also everything?
You're making less and less sense.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
29-11-2013, 01:34 PM
(29-11-2013 01:23 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  God is an all knowing all loving and all powerful being that is conscious, though it would be impossible to imagine anything from His perspective.

So what are your thoughts on the problem of evil?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-11-2013, 01:35 PM
(29-11-2013 01:23 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  

You must not be familiar with: Leviticus, Numbers & Deuteronomy

LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.