Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.
(29-11-2013 01:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 01:57 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Now this is the part that's hard for many atheists to grasp. He is responsible, for lack of a better word, for the evil but is not evil Himself.

And the part that's hard for theists to grasp (actually it's that they refuse to grasp) is that this means that he cannot be all loving. His design is flawed, therefore he is flawed, or rather your made up concept of him is flawed.

No. What about someone who brought you into existence could be evil? You get to experience this wonderful world which is a favor we can't thank Him enough for.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 02:06 PM
(29-11-2013 02:04 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 01:58 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It was taken from Oxford Dictionaries, you dishonest punk. I even included the URL in my post.

Yes, let us actually try Merriam Webster.

per·son - noun - \ˈpər-sən\

: a human being

: a person who likes or enjoys something specified

Thou liest! Scroll down a smidge, it's close to the Christian definition.
but your not Christian. Just say "deity" and get it over with. Unless your god is truly mortal.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
29-11-2013, 02:07 PM
(29-11-2013 02:04 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Thou liest! Scroll down a smidge, it's close to the Christian definition.
Do you have even a shred of intellectual honesty and integrity in your body?

[Image: 9d9Xj4t.png]

You knowingly changed the definition from "the personality of a human being" to "the personality of a sentient being".
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
29-11-2013, 02:13 PM
(29-11-2013 02:06 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 01:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And the part that's hard for theists to grasp (actually it's that they refuse to grasp) is that this means that he cannot be all loving. His design is flawed, therefore he is flawed, or rather your made up concept of him is flawed.

No. What about someone who brought you into existence could be evil? You get to experience this wonderful world which is a favor we can't thank Him enough for.

I'm thankful for existence. You're thankful for existence. What about her?

[Image: starving_zps34bb2a24.jpg]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-11-2013, 02:17 PM
(29-11-2013 02:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 02:06 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  No. What about someone who brought you into existence could be evil? You get to experience this wonderful world which is a favor we can't thank Him enough for.

Yes, she is. And what about her? You can use pictures of dead/suffering children in the outside world to evoke emotion but I can't use pictures of dead children inside the womb to evoke emotion? Hypocrites.
29-11-2013, 02:17 PM
(29-11-2013 02:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 02:06 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  No. What about someone who brought you into existence could be evil? You get to experience this wonderful world which is a favor we can't thank Him enough for.

I never liked this photo, its horrible in so many ways. Beyond the obvious there is the story what happend to the photographer. He took 30mins to set up his camera to take that shot before he helped the child. He contemplated this for so long with such grief he committed suicide.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 4 users Like grizzlysnake's post
29-11-2013, 02:22 PM
(29-11-2013 02:17 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 02:13 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'm thankful for existence. You're thankful for existence. What about her?

Yes, she is. And what about her? You can use pictures of dead/suffering children in the outside world to evoke emotion but I can't use pictures of dead children inside the womb to evoke emotion? Hypocrites.

And dead children inside the womb are going to help your argument that there is a god? That's what I thought, use that cognitive dissonance. Shrug it off because it's hard to think about.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-11-2013, 02:26 PM
(29-11-2013 02:22 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And dead children inside the womb are going to help your argument that there is a god? That's what I thought, use that cognitive dissonance. Shrug it off because it's hard to think about.

Fail.
Epic complete fail.

My entire self-purpose is to think about things that are hard to think about. You use dissonance more than I do. What, I have to give myself credit for something.
Also I was using the pictures for anti-abortion.
29-11-2013, 02:30 PM
(29-11-2013 02:26 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 02:22 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And dead children inside the womb are going to help your argument that there is a god? That's what I thought, use that cognitive dissonance. Shrug it off because it's hard to think about.

Fail.
Epic complete fail.

My entire self-purpose is to think about things that are hard to think about. You use dissonance more than I do. What, I have to give myself credit for something.

Yet you have no answer other than to proclaim "fail". Why? Do you have an answer? Have you really thought about it?

I know you were going for the anti-abortion skew, but that's not what we're talking about.

~ Umberto Eco
29-11-2013, 02:35 PM
(29-11-2013 02:30 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 02:26 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Fail.
Epic complete fail.

Yet you have no answer other than to proclaim "fail". Why? Do you have an answer? Have you really thought about it?

I know you were going for the anti-abortion skew, but that's not what we're talking about.

[Image: Preview?imageID=1121885&generato...amp;text3=]

You were the one who used the emotion evoking picture, which I've been told is poor form by your own kind. Anyway, back on topic. Say your point so I may address it.