Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: Debate me and all the shit that's piled up over the weeks.
Do you concede that you lied in order to support your false claim that "God is a person" or are you going to continue ignoring uncomfortable posts like you did in your "Religion Foreshadowing Science" thread, TTT? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2013, 02:42 PM
(29-11-2013 02:35 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  You were the one who used the emotion evoking picture, which I've been told is poor form by your own kind. Anyway, back on topic. Say your point so I may address it.

My own kind. I lol in your general direction. Laughat

I said my point and I'm still waiting for your answer. Stop deflecting.

I'm not trying to bust your balls here. Well, I am. But you started the thread so here we are.

I'm using this topic because it's one of the oldest ones in the book, and it's one of "god's" biggest problems. I've never heard a good answer.

If you don't have one, that's fine. I just want you to really think about it.

Immense suffering exists. If god exists, then he is culpable for all of it. I think you having your spirituality is great. I'm glad that it helps you and gives you peace of mind. However, peace of mind should not come before intellectual honesty, and I don't think we should just gloss over this topic.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
29-11-2013, 02:51 PM
(29-11-2013 02:40 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you concede that you lied in order to support your false claim that "God is a person" or are you going to continue ignoring uncomfortable posts like you did in your "Religion Foreshadowing Science" thread, TTT? Consider

No I'm not going to concede I lied and I never intentionally ignore posts. You people just keep piling it on and there's only one of me.
29-11-2013, 02:55 PM
(29-11-2013 02:42 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 02:35 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  You were the one who used the emotion evoking picture, which I've been told is poor form by your own kind. Anyway, back on topic. Say your point so I may address it.

My own kind. I lol in your general direction. Laughat

I said my point and I'm still waiting for your answer. Stop deflecting.

I'm not trying to bust your balls here. Well, I am. But you started the thread so here we are.

I'm using this topic because it's one of the oldest ones in the book, and it's one of "god's" biggest problems. I've never heard a good answer.

If you don't have one, that's fine. I just want you to really think about it.

Immense suffering exists. If god exists, then he is culpable for all of it. I think you having your spirituality is great. I'm glad that it helps you and gives you peace of mind. However, peace of mind should not come before intellectual honesty, and I don't think we should just gloss over this topic.

(Why do people always claim I deflect when I answer every post I can find obviously?)

And I need your point in a complete sentence.
29-11-2013, 02:56 PM
I found your post now give me a second. Thumbsup
29-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Well my main response is that we all share some basic things as humans those being we live, die, and suffer. SO that's a place to start. No matter if you are a king or a beggar we all are born, we all suffer, then we all die. So it matters not if one person suffers more than another because suffering is also defined as the distress one poses on someone else. I'm typing this from a computer doubtlessly made in China where the workers suffer, and that causes me repressed suffering. All of humanity's suffering is equalized. Since God is omnibenevolent, He knows that we suffer and so must suffer himself because of it. Because of his nature, he is also responsible for all joy/compassion. Too make a long story short on that matter, all suffering and joy has already been equalized. Since it's a fact that joy conquers suffering, all the suffering in your life is ready to be replaced by joy at any moment. To do this is through careful self-evaluation, and meditation with a mantra.
29-11-2013, 03:08 PM
(29-11-2013 02:51 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  No I'm not going to concede I lied [...]
In that case, I eagerly await your response to my post.

(29-11-2013 02:51 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  [...] and I never intentionally ignore posts. You people just keep piling it on and there's only one of me.
You're being dishonest again. My response to your "Religion Foreshadowing Science" thread was on the first page; you even liked a post by houseofcantor that quoted it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-11-2013, 03:13 PM
(29-11-2013 03:08 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 02:51 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  No I'm not going to concede I lied [...]
In that case, I eagerly await your response to my post.

(29-11-2013 02:51 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  [...] and I never intentionally ignore posts. You people just keep piling it on and there's only one of me.
You're being dishonest again. My response to your "Religion Foreshadowing Science" thread was on the first page; you even liked a post by houseofcantor that quoted it.

Nitpicking is also poor form. Dodgy

Whatever, nobody cares what the quote is you mainly only read the new quote. And that doesn't sound like me to like a post without reading yours.
29-11-2013, 03:15 PM
(29-11-2013 03:08 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well my main response is that we all share some basic things as humans those being we live, die, and suffer. SO that's a place to start. No matter if you are a king or a beggar we all are born, we all suffer, then we all die. So it matters not if one person suffers more than another because suffering is also defined as the distress one poses on someone else. I'm typing this from a computer doubtlessly made in China where the workers suffer, and that causes me repressed suffering. All of humanity's suffering is equalized. Since God is omnibenevolent, He knows that we suffer and so must suffer himself because of it. Because of his nature, he is also responsible for all joy/compassion. Too make a long story short on that matter, all suffering and joy has already been equalized. Since it's a fact that joy conquers suffering, all the suffering in your life is ready to be replaced by joy at any moment. To do this is through careful self-evaluation, and meditation with a mantra.

And it shall remain unanswered. Thanks for trying.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-11-2013, 03:15 PM
(29-11-2013 03:08 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Well my main response is that we all share some basic things as humans those being we live, die, and suffer. SO that's a place to start. No matter if you are a king or a beggar we all are born, we all suffer, then we all die. So it matters not if one person suffers more than another because suffering is also defined as the distress one poses on someone else. I'm typing this from a computer doubtlessly made in China where the workers suffer, and that causes me repressed suffering. All of humanity's suffering is equalized. Since God is omnibenevolent, He knows that we suffer and so must suffer himself because of it. Because of his nature, he is also responsible for all joy/compassion. Too make a long story short on that matter, all suffering and joy has already been equalized. Since it's a fact that joy conquers suffering, all the suffering in your life is ready to be replaced by joy at any moment. To do this is through careful self-evaluation, and meditation with a mantra.

My grammar is really dead today!