Debating creationist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Debating creationist.
(24-09-2015 12:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 04:25 AM)Luke.furlong Wrote:  .... I always get the well how do you explain the Holy Spirit.

Easy, it is called DELUSION. Yes

Lets recap how this happens...

Faith - the belief in something without evidence.

Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder. A belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

Religion - The embracement of delusion.

Lets review video evidence of the ridiculousness of people purporting to be under the influence of the holy spirit....

Mr. Good...I thought I'd call you Mr. Good for fun todayTongue.... Anyway, Mr Good, wasn't the reference to speaking in tongues in the New Testament added later? Similar to the woman taken into adultery and the snake reference, "They shall take up serpents". I thought I'd read that somewhere but I could be mistaken.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-09-2015, 02:28 PM
I've always thought it'd be fun to go to a Pentecostal church -- and when some bozo starts rolling in the aisle ---- jump up, run over - tackle the guy and shove something into his mouth and scream "HE'S HAVING A SEIZURE - CALL 911!!!!!!!!!"

Good Samaritan laws would keep you from going to prison -- you'd just have to keep a straight face......

And, you'd get to see yourself on national television....

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
24-09-2015, 03:35 PM
(24-09-2015 08:46 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 07:51 AM)‘true scotsman Wrote:  ...ask him how you can distinguish what he calls the holy spirit from something he is merely imagining.

The answer is always Feels...it’s always the Feels with the True Believers

Very hard to combat someone’s self-deception.

True. That's the flaw in their system. I don't ever expect to convince a creationist, I just like to watch them try to answer the question.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
24-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Why bother?

#sigh
24-09-2015, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2015 06:13 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(24-09-2015 02:19 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 12:28 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Easy, it is called DELUSION. Yes

Lets recap how this happens...

Faith - the belief in something without evidence.

Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder. A belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

Religion - The embracement of delusion.

Lets review video evidence of the ridiculousness of people purporting to be under the influence of the holy spirit....

Mr. Good...I thought I'd call you Mr. Good for fun todayTongue.... Anyway, Mr Good, wasn't the reference to speaking in tongues in the New Testament added later? Similar to the woman taken into adultery and the snake reference, "They shall take up serpents". I thought I'd read that somewhere but I could be mistaken.

Ah the famous interpolations of Mark 16-9-20.

Mark 16:17 These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues

Mark 16:9-20 were added in the 2nd century, the earliest copies of Mark do not have them...interpolation at its best.

However...

1 Corinthians 14:2
For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks mysteries.

1 Corinthians 12:6-11
6 - There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
7 - But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
8 - For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
9 - to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
10 - and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 - But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

1 Corinthians 14:18-19
18 - I thank God, I speak in tongues more than you all;
19 - however, in the church I desire to speak five words with my mind so that I may instruct others also, rather than ten thousand words in a tongue.…

1 Corinthians 14:23
Therefore if the whole church assembles together and all speak in tongues, and ungifted men or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are mad?

1 Corinthians 14:27
If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;

1 Corinthians 14:2-5
2 - For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks mysteries.
3 - But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.
4 - One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church.
5 - Now I wish that you all spoke in tongues, but even more that you would prophesy; and greater is one who prophesies than one who speaks in tongues, unless he interprets, so that the church may receive edifying.

1 Corinthians 14:39
Therefore, my brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak in tongues.

1 Corinthians is one of the actual works of Paul for whatever that is worth.

Acts 10:46
For they were hearing them speaking with tongues and exalting God.

Acts 19:6
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying

Acts and Luke had the same author...an anonymous non witness.

That is all of the mentions of it as far as I know...I put no validity to anything Paul wrote as he is a suspect witness at best. As the father of the cult he had motive to lie.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
24-09-2015, 05:51 PM
You can't debate the crazy.
You just have to walk away.

Or you could at least do a Morse code of clicks that would constitute actual communication.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-09-2015, 06:11 PM
(24-09-2015 02:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  "Speaking in tongues" is about as realistic as speaking in Klingon.

[Image: bN88nIT.png]

(Link in image) Klingon is an actual language. My inner geek is totally offended. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-09-2015, 08:29 PM
(24-09-2015 05:51 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You can't debate the crazy.

Or you could at least do a Morse code of clicks that would constitute actual communication.

-.-. .-. --- .- -.- .. -. --. .- - - .... . ... . .- -... --- - .... -.. .- -.-- .- -. -.. -. .. --. ... -

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
24-09-2015, 08:42 PM
(24-09-2015 08:29 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 05:51 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You can't debate the crazy.

-.-. .-. --- .- -.- .. -. --. .- - - .... . ... . .- -... --- - .... -.. .- -.-- .- -. -.. -. .. --. ... -

-····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- ·-·-·- -- . - .- ..-. --- .-. - .... . .-- .. -. -... .. - -.-. .... ·-·-·-
25-09-2015, 02:36 AM
(24-09-2015 08:42 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 08:29 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  -.-. .-. --- .- -.- .. -. --. .- - - .... . ... . .- -... --- - .... -.. .- -.-- .- -. -.. -. .. --. ... -

-····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- -····- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- ·-·-·- -····- ·-·-·- -····- -····- ·-·-·- -- . - .- ..-. --- .-. - .... . .-- .. -. -... .. - -.-. .... ·-·-·-

.-. .. -... -... .. -

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.