Debating creationist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: Debating creationist.
(25-09-2015 04:49 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Speaking in tongues is speaking in a language that isn't the native language of those you are speaking to, or in riddles. Not the gibberish most pass off as tongues. If there is no way to translate then that's a sure fire sign it's fake.
Correct. The only purpose of having gift of tongues is for better communication. If nobody in the room understands my language I can not teach them, I can not preach to them, I can not have good conversation with them.
When God wants me to say something very important to a foreigner I might have this wonderful gift of tongues.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
25-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Istolantry vidicto de spewđer. Zish scouburgnick lichtindell dismoto. Zic ta'ar. Picto zigmus.
[/quote]

Hmm, I don't understand. That is why gift of tongues can be very handy.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
25-09-2015, 08:03 PM
(25-09-2015 07:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 07:20 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
Istolantry vidicto de spewđer. Zish scouburgnick lichtindell dismoto. Zic ta'ar. Picto zigmus.

[/quote]

One, two, buckle my shoe.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
25-09-2015, 10:51 PM
Debating creationist.
If you listen to those speaking in tongues, you'll notice many similarities despite various faiths. They all have the "ah" sound often and many labial consonants like M, B, N, P, etc. Why? If you've read Comrie or Greenberg linguistic books you learn that every language has the ah sound and babies often learn the M sound first, then other labials.

Those sounds are deep in our brains.
26-09-2015, 01:01 AM
(24-09-2015 04:25 AM)Luke.furlong Wrote:  Got a question!
Clearly you guys would have encounted this ridiculous question
Every time I argue with my uncle and cousin, I always get the well how do you explain the Holy Spirit. He got baptised and now speaks in tongues which to me just sounds like his speaking jibberish, I know lots of atheist have been able to speak in tongues. Is this something they teach you in the church? Or could it have been his just youtubed it and listen to everyone else speaking it and copied.

It is them who should explain this holy spirit and give some evidence of it's exisitng if they want to be taken seriously.

As for speaking in tongues if it sound like jibberish then it probably is it. Or your uncle has horrible accent Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Ask your uncle is he honest. If he says "Yes". You know he is a crook.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
26-09-2015, 08:04 AM
(25-09-2015 07:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 07:20 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

[/quote]

I still have the gift of tongues but it has nothing to do with speaking . . .Angel

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2015, 08:53 PM
if your speaking stuff in tongues no one understands then you might as well not talk at all, the end result would be the same in both cases as no communication takes place