Debating the historical Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2015, 01:36 AM
RE: Debating the historical Jesus
Why is this even really a debate? Its taught at MJC and Solano Community and Stan State (I only mention those because I know from god damn experience. But I mean if its in that many colleges in CALIFORNIA then I think its safe to assume that there are more colleges that teach the same thing) that there was an ACTUAL dude named jesus and that he ACTUALLY DIED on the cross and the he WAS the SON of Joseph and Mary. To say that Jesus never existed is unbecoming of EDUCATED people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes A New Hope's post
14-03-2015, 01:38 AM
(14-03-2015 01:36 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Why is this even really a debate? Its taught at MJC and Solano Community and Stan State (I only mention those because I know from god damn experience. But I mean if its in that many colleges in CALIFORNIA then I think its safe to assume that there are more colleges that teach the same thing) that there was an ACTUAL dude named jesus and that he ACTUALLY DIED on the cross and the he WAS the SON of Joseph and Mary. To say that Jesus never existed is unbecoming of EDUCATED people.
Lol woops they dont teach that hes the son of mary but they do teach hes the son of joseph. Thats what I get for hitting submit before reviewing lmao
14-03-2015, 01:42 AM
(14-03-2015 01:36 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Why is this even really a debate? Its taught at MJC and Solano Community and Stan State (I only mention those because I know from god damn experience. But I mean if its in that many colleges in CALIFORNIA then I think its safe to assume that there are more colleges that teach the same thing) that there was an ACTUAL dude named jesus and that he ACTUALLY DIED on the cross and the he WAS the SON of Joseph and Mary. To say that Jesus never existed is unbecoming of EDUCATED people.
That is wrong of me to say..... I'm sorry that was so rude. Sad I mean more alomg the lines of informed people....
14-03-2015, 02:15 AM
You can edit your post New Hope. The edit button is in the bottom right of your post.
14-03-2015, 02:15 AM
(14-03-2015 01:38 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol woops they dont teach that hes the son of mary but they do teach hes the son of joseph. Thats what I get for hitting submit before reviewing lmao
Wasn't he supposed to be the son of god? Mary got raped by god who beat Joseph to popping Mary's cherry.

Joseph was just the guy looking after the bastard Jesus but wasn't actually his father.

Or so the myth goes.
14-03-2015, 02:39 AM

Quoting the consensus is a great way to convince people who doubt the very foundations the consensus is built upon. Drinking Beverage

Remember too that the Jewish Patriarchs were real people in history as well. You know, until they weren't any more... Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-03-2015, 03:37 AM
(14-03-2015 02:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Quoting the consensus is a great way to convince people who doubt the very foundations the consensus is built upon. Drinking Beverage

Remember too that the Jewish Patriarchs were real people in history as well. You know, until they weren't any more... Rolleyes
Lol EK every time you touch your keyboard your bias shows. Your willing to accept that evolution as your only gospel because of evidence right? Because its taught in schools and your narrow minded brain cant handle the possibility of anything else. Yet the same schools that teach evolution teach that once upon a time there was a jesus and he died on the cross and now all of a sudden they are idiots who have no idea what they are talking about. Let me ask you are you in capable of seeing this because to admit that there was a jesus that did die on a cross scares you? Huh? What, does admiting that he existed automatically give him super powers? Huh is he going to be able to fly now and shoot rainbow lasers out of his ass if he once lived on the planet?
14-03-2015, 03:48 AM
I can't say I see much point to this argument. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-03-2015, 03:51 AM
(14-03-2015 03:37 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 02:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Quoting the consensus is a great way to convince people who doubt the very foundations the consensus is built upon. Drinking Beverage

Lol EK every time you touch your keyboard your bias shows. Your willing to accept that evolution as your only gospel because of evidence right?

Evolution is not dogma, it is a fact. Thanks for flaunting your ineptitude again, lest we forget your prowess at it.

(14-03-2015 03:37 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Because its taught in schools and your narrow minded brain cant handle the possibility of anything else.

That looks like a resounding lack of evidence for a competing explanation right there, so you can go fuck yourself.

(14-03-2015 03:37 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Yet the same schools that teach evolution teach that once upon a time there was a jesus and he died on the cross and now all of a sudden they are idiots who have no idea what they are talking about.

Yes, this is how we establish the validity of a claim! Because everything taught in universities must be true! Since evolution is true and math is true, then everything else must be true as well!

And I'm the small minded biased one? Do you even read what you type before you post? Evidently not.

(14-03-2015 03:37 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Let me ask you are you in capable of seeing this because to admit that there was a jesus that did die on a cross scares you? Huh?

Scares me? Why would it? The Romans crucified thousands of political insurgents, enemies of the state, and general provocateurs. Why should I be afraid of one supposed apocalyptic preacher? Even if he did exist and was crucified, he evidently was not the divine son of god. On this, all but the most fundamentalist of scholars agree.

So your point is? Oh right, being a belligerent theistic asshole! My bad...

(14-03-2015 03:37 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  What, does admiting that he existed automatically give him super powers? Huh is he going to be able to fly now and shoot rainbow lasers out of his ass if he once lived on the planet?

What would make you think that? I'm just applying the same standards we would apply to any other historical figure, but not making special exceptions because it's Jesus. Without special pleading, the existence of even a historical Jesus is easily doubtable.

Don't like it? Take it up with your god. Maybe if you pray really, really, hard he'll magic the evidence into existence for you!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-03-2015, 03:55 AM
(14-03-2015 02:15 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 01:38 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  Lol woops they dont teach that hes the son of mary but they do teach hes the son of joseph. Thats what I get for hitting submit before reviewing lmao
Wasn't he supposed to be the son of god? Mary got raped by god who beat Joseph to popping Mary's cherry.

Joseph was just the guy looking after the bastard Jesus but wasn't actually his father.

Or so the myth goes.
Lol yeah an over simplified and obviously agenda orientated version but you go get them man. That almost as bad as this movie I watched today. Its about this boy whos mom and all of his brothers and sisters are killed and eaten in front of him. Then the serial killer cripples the poor kid. Later on in the poor kids life he gets kidnapped and his father has to travel thousand of miles with the help of a mentally disabled women.

[Image: 155b8e35933c60b820cdee59c47d3194.jpg] have you ever heard of it?