Debating with a creationists, and just wondering how to get a point through

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Debating with a creationists, and just wondering how to get a point through
Creationist Wrote:I really find you position on the Bible and it's validity quite laughable. Let me ask you this, do you also discredit Josephus' writings and other historians around that time period? I would suggest a site called Tekton Apologetic Ministries (http://www.tektonics.org/). The creator is very well educated on acient writings and the validity of such works. He has even published a book called Trusting the New Testament, a great book that deals with many issues you have brought up here.
In closing on this subject I just want to point out that originally you said the proof you needed to believe was Jesus/God coming and preforming miracles that have no natural explanation. The Bible provides such proof from multiple independent and contemporary sources yet you choose not to believe. I would suggest you take a step back and ask your self if you really want proof or if you have already made up your mind and nothing will change that.

I've tried (politely) saying that you can't use the bible to prove the bible. I'm trying to ignore the insults too, but I swear to his god....

Anyway, how would you go about pointing out the flaws, in a tactful way?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2010, 08:16 PM

RE: Debating with a creationists, and just wondering how to get a point through
It's time to get real. Do not fall prey to proof-texting. Meaning using the bible. You or he/she quoting then you/she/he refuting.... It's futlile. Please read my thread entitled 'the story'
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2010, 08:17 PM
(24-03-2010 07:56 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  I've tried (politely) saying that you can't use the bible to prove the bible. I'm trying to ignore the insults too, but I swear to his god....

Anyway, how would you go about pointing out the flaws, in a tactful way?

Actually, looking at what this guy wrote, I see no reason to be tactful. He hasn't earned your respect. Why give it to him?
Of course, the decision of whether or not to use insults is really up to you, so I'll leave it at that, and move on to his claims.

Creationist Wrote:I really find you position on the Bible and it's validity quite laughable.

Proposed response: "The feeling is mutual, my friend".

Quote:Let me ask you this, do you also discredit Josephus' writings and other historians around that time period?

Nahuel wrote a great reply to this in a martinb59 thread. Here's a link.

Quote:In closing on this subject I just want to point out that originally you said the proof you needed to believe was Jesus/God coming and preforming miracles that have no natural explanation. The Bible provides such proof from multiple independent and contemporary sources yet you choose not to believe.

The Bible is the source of the claims. You cannot use the claims to prove themselves. That is circular logic.

Quote:I would suggest you take a step back and ask your self if you really want proof or if you have already made up your mind and nothing will change that.

Again, the feeling is mutual.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-03-2010, 08:23 PM

Please read my post entitled "the story". What they believe is BS. Stop pandering to them.
It sounds like to me a lot who write herein really want to give christianity (this is NOT about people) a lot of lattitude. DO NOT. The American Empire is strong and is about creating a christian nation. MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT WHAT THE FAMILY IS UP TO
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2010, 09:12 PM
(24-03-2010 08:17 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Actually, looking at what this guy wrote, I see no reason to be tactful. He hasn't earned your respect. Why give it to him?
Of course, the decision of whether or not to use insults is really up to you, so I'll leave it at that, and move on to his claims.

I sent a rather snarky reply. No direct insults, but I just got too fed up with the circular logic, and called him out on it. I've been as polite as possible, and he was still firing insults at me. So, his next message should be interesting, to say the least.

I've lost interest in his words anyway.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
25-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan i don´t get it. They really belief in a two THOUSAND years old book, which is telling about fairy tales instead of accepting science and all we found out the last few hundred years. It´s like believing in hobbits and dragons because it says so in the lord of the rings...