Debbie Downer to Debbie Do-er :) (a personal post)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2012, 12:10 AM
RE: Debbie Downer to Debbie Do-er :) (a personal post)
Thanks, and nice to know Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Debbie does dallas?!?
02-03-2012, 12:46 PM
(02-03-2012 03:23 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Debbie does dallas?!?

That sounds like fun. But no, Debbie Downer. Smile
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
02-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Great post LadyJane! I am also so very glad to have found this place. I know I'm not the brightest kid in the class here, far from it... but I try. I feel like I'm working through a lot of the issues of religion that other people have already dealt with or solved or read a book about, so I'm behind the curve on that. But I don't care all that much. What I'm ultimately here for is the community- the people here make me laugh, sometimes make me want to pull my hair out, sometimes I learn something new, sometimes not.

So, I'm glad that this community exists and that it isn't 100% snark or 100% inside jokes or completely elitist. There are other forums out there that are all of the above and I wouldn't have stuck around if this place was too.
[+] 3 users Like kineo's post
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Time for a bit of clarification as I have a very slight inkling that one of my posts may have been referred to Big Grin.

As several people know I was drunk last night when I posted that. Thing is though I think I still stand by the sentiment of the post. I maybe wasn't clear enough with my meaning but I think the point stands.

I also didn't mean that I actually think 90% of the population have an IQ under 50. That was an exaggeration to highlight the point.

I also don't include our members here in that. I think it's one of the reasons I love this forum so much. This is where I come to escape human stupidity, it's like my safe haven. Here I know I don't agree with a lot of people on a lot of things but I always get the feeling that they have properly formed opinions that they can back up, even if I don't agree with them. It's not a feeling I get from most people in real life.

Anyways I don't want to derail such a good thread so I'll stop there but if anyone wants to ask about my opinions or why I hold them, or wants to challenge them, feel free to PM me.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 3 users Like Hughsie's post
02-03-2012, 01:57 PM
(02-03-2012 12:46 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 03:23 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Debbie does dallas?!?

That sounds like fun. But no, Debbie Downer. Smile

Hahaha Horatio wiped his eyes with a waffle! Big Grin
02-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah I'm not a big SNL fan but there's something about genuine laughter that is definitely infectious. Must be why the only time I really liked watching was back in the Farley years. Those guys couldn't finish a skit without cracking up.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
02-03-2012, 02:08 PM
(02-03-2012 01:22 PM)kineo Wrote:  So, I'm glad that this community exists and that it isn't 100% snark or 100% inside jokes or completely elitist. There are other forums out there that are all of the above and I wouldn't have stuck around if this place was too.

I never realized until you said, that this is why I left one forum a few years ago- the moderators where all wise (It was a buddhism forum) and everything was said in poetry like a lesson. ha ha! It was actually kind of funny, but irritating.

(02-03-2012 01:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Time for a bit of clarification as I have a very slight inkling that one of my posts may have been referred to Big Grin.

No, not at all. I realize after we both used the same statistic, but honestly it wasn't directed at you.

And I realized you were drunk last night. Ha ha.

Those other threads are valid too, I was a part of them, but I just wanted to show how they were all yesterday's vibe.

But thanks for clarifying, I agree TTA is like a safe haven for the most part, for sure. Smile
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
(02-03-2012 02:08 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 01:22 PM)kineo Wrote:  So, I'm glad that this community exists and that it isn't 100% snark or 100% inside jokes or completely elitist. There are other forums out there that are all of the above and I wouldn't have stuck around if this place was too.

I never realized until you said, that this is why I left one forum a few years ago- the moderators where all wise (It was a buddhism forum) and everything was said in poetry like a lesson. ha ha! It was actually kind of funny, but irritating.

I makes a big difference in the community. Not that snark, inside jokes, or elitism is all bad but it has to be the right mix. I think this place has the right mix overall, but the concentration varies from day to day. I don't think it gets any better than that. It's a great forum home. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
I'd like to post something in this tread because I want to be part of the positive wave.

However...
I'm having one of those pudding-for-brains days again.
sorry...
maybe later...

Good to know you LadyJane.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 3 users Like Observer's post