Debt Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Debt Thread
OK, so after a minor set back on the initial attempt, I thought I'd go full novelty on my tshirt store this time around. Trying to promote this as much as possible via twitter and what not, so please have a look/like/share as much as possible Smile

I present you with: "Save Dan" Laugh out load

https://www.teepublic.com/user/dbshirts
https://twitter.com/DanNeedsHelp

Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2017, 10:13 AM
SO:

Update - finances mildly reorganised to have all "larger" debts paid off by this sort of time next year, if not hopefully a bit sooner. only downside is this leave no wiggle room for basically doing anything for the next 6-12 months....which sucks the big one.

Number of things have also come up on the olde "credit report" which means my credit score is ridiculously low, like comically, and I imagine will stay like that whilst I pay off existing credit related thing.

Other schemes/side projects basically have proved to be un-fruitful, so looks like I'm Mostly fecked. Not all the way fecked....but mostly fecked. At least for another year.

I'm starting to become just really pissed off that this is essentially "not that much" to some people, although I'm just in a bit of a hole and have to do things the hard way. Not much of a change in that direction, but you know its like any idea I have (selling things [I have 0 things to sell]/earning extra money [if I had the time]) are just looking like it's not doable really, so its just me chipping away slowly but surely for the foreseeable.

I'm tired of being broke....it's been around 5 years. And i have nothing else left to do other than wait and be poor. It sucks.

26-09-2017, 11:52 AM
I think it's encouraging that you have a 6-12 month projection, even if hard. I beared down a while ago and got into the routine of paying down and you'd be surprised at how quickly that credit score works its way up. It definitely sucks at the beginning and being disciplined is hard but I found that it becomes addictive after a bit, kind of exciting. IMHO, I think your last sentence should read, "I have nothing else left to do other than wait and *then* be *rich*. Which is awesome. Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
26-09-2017, 12:14 PM
(30-08-2017 12:59 PM)reeveseb Wrote:  My best advice for long term investing would be the Roth IRA. Since contributions have already been taxed, there are no tax penalties in the future. The interest in a Roth IRA grows tax free. There are annual funding limits, but for a started retirement fund, I'm not sure there is a much better option.

But what are you investing in within your Roth IRA?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Me? No debts, no credit cards, own my house and car. (Said he smugly.)

Also... No stocks or shares... NO way hose A.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
26-09-2017, 12:44 PM
(26-09-2017 11:52 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I think it's encouraging that you have a 6-12 month projection, even if hard. I beared down a while ago and got into the routine of paying down and you'd be surprised at how quickly that credit score works its way up. It definitely sucks at the beginning and being disciplined is hard but I found that it becomes addictive after a bit, kind of exciting. IMHO, I think your last sentence should read, "I have nothing else left to do other than wait and *then* be *rich*. Which is awesome. Smile
Yeah its pretty cool, as ill have not long turned 30 as well and be debt free...just annoying Mr that it can't be a hell of a lot sooner haha.

28-09-2017, 04:12 AM
Update: Come into work to find out I've been given a minor pay-rise. Considering I never really had a pay rise that didn't involve me moving jobs/changing roles, this is amazing!

Doing some minor calculations, (and if something doesn't happen in the mean time), I'll be able to pay this all off a little bit sooner then I had previously though Smile

[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post