Debunk Please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2015, 03:09 PM
RE: Debunk Please
(08-04-2015 11:54 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  My brain hurts Scotsman. Good reads and I got the basics of it but I still feel like a lot of it went over my head.

I know what you mean. It takes many readings and a lot of thought. Luckily the validation is by the easiest method of all, direct perception.

I suggest you read his entry titled The cartoon universe of Christianity. It's linked at the bottom of that first article I provided a link to. Try that one out sometime and see their heads explode. Its a way of couching the issue so that someone who does not have a background in philosophy can easily understand it. Have fun.

I've used his God is imaginary syllogism several times and they have no answer to it. Call of the Wild has been the only theist so far who has conceded that we "probably can't" distinguish his God from something he is merely imagining. At least he is honest.

It it a surgical strike right to the heart of the error in God belief, the blurring of the line between the objective and the subjective. Here it is:

1. Things which are imaginary are not real.

2. Things which are not real do not actually exist.

3. If God is imaginary then it is not real and does not actually exist.

4. God is imaginary.

Therefore, God is not real and does not actually exist.

God is indistinguishable from something that is imaginary. This is the proof of premise 4. They will now have to show some objective evidence that God is not imaginary. They can not.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2015, 06:29 PM
I didn't read it all, but he is just using the unmoved mover argument. Its easy to debunk. Just take the advice from what the other said and read some guides on how to debunk the UMM argument.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
09-04-2015, 08:32 PM
" logic and science point to not just a deity but the God of the Bible."

lol, I wonder how he came to that conclusion