Debunking Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel prophecies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2017, 08:37 AM
RE: Debunking Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel prophecies
(15-02-2017 08:06 AM)tjhessmond Wrote:  
(11-10-2015 04:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't know anything about this guy. He lived around the 12th century and his prophecies being hailed on the internet as accurate. Obviously prophecies are ridiculous. I can't find much about him except all the hysteria over his prophecies. Does anyone have any information on this guy?

Judah Ben Simon
A 12th century, German Rabbi (Jewish)
He made correct assessments concerning the land of Israel using Jubilee years (see the book of Leviticus ch 25), and prophecies. The tribes of Israel would celebrate Jubilee ever 50 years. There is quite a bit more detail to the Jubilee that that short sentence. However suffice it to know that a Rabbi would have been very familiar with the text of the law (Leviticus) and the dating’s of the jubilee years.

Rabbi Judah ben Simon accurately predicted events related to Jerusalem which later factually unfolded, using jubilee timing. He stated 10 jubilee events.
8 - Between the Ottoman Empire and its demise (8 X 50 = 400years)
9th- from the demise of the Ottoman Empire where Jerusalem would be no-man’s land
10th- where Israel would actually hold on to control of Jerusalem for 50 years (one Jubilee)

The reason this is surfacing now is related to the following dates and how accurate his predictions were concerning those dates
Ottoman Empire to 1917 was 400 years ( 8 Jubilees)
1917 – British take control of Jerusalem (Israel- represented, 9th Jubilee)
1967 – Six days war where Israel gained control over Jerusalem (10th Jubilee)
2017 – Which represents the end of the 10th Jubilee.
The other interesting part is that prophecy (Jeremiah 24) aligns with Judah ben Simons predictions of the 9th jubilee and the date of 2017 aligns with the dating’s of generations as defined by Christ in Matthew 24, Mark 13. Biblical generations are 70 & 80 ( Psalms 90) and 120 (Genesis 6)

Therefore the first generational mile marker related to the prophecy of Jeremiah 24 (which occurred 14 May 1948) ends in early 2018. The mandate for the two state solution actually occurred in Nov of 1947 which makes 2017 a very interesting related to a 70 year generation.

Its very difficult to understand these things if one has not studied the texts, and how events match with prophecies presented in those texts.

I forgot about this thread. I bet if I read Canterbury Tales and got it into my head that it was a book of prophecies, I'd find prophecies in it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-02-2017, 08:51 AM
(15-02-2017 08:06 AM)tjhessmond Wrote:  Its very difficult to understand these things if one has not studied the texts, and how events match with prophecies presented in those texts.

It's not difficult at all, all of it is post-hoc rationalization, interpretation after the fact.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
15-02-2017, 09:34 AM
(11-10-2015 04:42 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't know anything about this guy. He lived around the 12th century and his prophecies being hailed on the internet as accurate. Obviously prophecies are ridiculous. I can't find much about him except all the hysteria over his prophecies. Does anyone have any information on this guy?

Judah Ben Simon
He made correct assessments concerning the land of Israel using Jubilee years (see the book of Leviticus ch 25), and prophecies. The tribes of Israel would celebrate Jubilee ever 50 years. There is quite a bit more detail to the Jubilee that that short sentence. However suffice it to know that a Rabbi would have been very familiar with the text of the law (Leviticus) and the dating’s of the jubilee years.

Rabbi Judah ben Simon accurately predicted events related to Jerusalem which later factually unfolded, using jubilee timing. He stated 10 jubilee events.
9th- from the demise of the Ottoman Empire where Jerusalem would be no-man’s land
10th- where Israel would actually hold on to control of Jerusalem for 50 years (one Jubilee)

The reason this is surfacing now is related to the following dates and how accurate his predictions were concerning those dates
The other interesting part is that prophecy (Jeremiah 24) aligns with Judah ben Simons predictions of the 9th jubilee and the date of 2017 aligns with the dating’s of generations as defined by Christ in Matthew 24, Mark 13. Biblical generations are 70 & 80 ( Psalms 90) and 120 (Genesis 6)

Therefore the first generational mile marker related to the prophecy of Jeremiah 24 (which occurred 14 May 1948) ends in early 2018. The mandate for the two state solution actually occurred in Nov of 1947 which makes 2017 a very interesting related to a 70 year generation.

Its very difficult to understand these things if one has not studied the texts, and how events match with prophecies presented in those texts.

So if this guy is right, then I guess he's speaking from a position of authority. Does that mean everyone should reject Jesus and just be good people, treat people with respect and integrity and don't go around murdering people and worshiping idols? Cause I'm pretty sure that's the main idea of Judaism.
15-02-2017, 10:35 AM

Judah Ben Simon

Your dates are assuming a Christian understanding of Jewish concepts. Why don't the Christians ever just go to the Jews and, "Hey, we've been spending the last 2,000 years insisting that the Mosaic law is obsolete, but we see that you've been practicing it and studying in it's original language for the 3,500 years. Impressive! Can you explain this concept to us and how it was originally understood and observed according to your well documented traditions and interpretations from ancient times?"

Right. They don't like those documented traditions because they conflict with their Jesus story.

The Jubilee isn't observed today and wasn't observed when this Rabbi was said to have written his "prophecies." The dates you provided conflict with the Jewish dates that I was able to find, but in either case, because the Jubilee and shmita were interrupted, the dates can only be guessed anyway.
15-02-2017, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2017 12:08 PM by mordant.)
The first thing I would do, if I cared to, would be to list all the "significant" / portentous events that happened in all the OTHER years. The fact is that something that can be construed as significant happens EVERY year. This is just cherry picking post-hoc rationalization.
15-02-2017, 11:35 AM
(15-02-2017 10:49 AM)mordant Wrote:  The first thing I would do, if I cared to, would be to list all the "significant" / portentous events that happened in all the OTHER years. The fact is that something that can be construed as significant happens EVERY year. This is just cherry picking post-hod rationalization.

Good point.

"1917 – British take control of Jerusalem (Israel- represented, 9th Jubilee)"
This one isn't even about Jews! It's about the British! That paints a vivid picture for me about the person who compiled those dates and what their default worldview is. And furthermore, the Jews got royally fucked over by the British.

I would think the first wave of Jewish settlers between 1882 and 1903 into Palestine would be a monumental Jewish event.

The founding of the state of Israel in 1948 is arguably the most important Jewish event in modern times.

What about the Yom Kippur war in 1973?
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
15-02-2017, 12:05 PM
(15-02-2017 11:35 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-02-2017 10:49 AM)mordant Wrote:  The first thing I would do, if I cared to, would be to list all the "significant" / portentous events that happened in all the OTHER years. The fact is that something that can be construed as significant happens EVERY year. This is just cherry picking post-hod rationalization.

Good point.

"1917 – British take control of Jerusalem (Israel- represented, 9th Jubilee)"
This one isn't even about Jews! It's about the British! That paints a vivid picture for me about the person who compiled those dates and what their default worldview is. And furthermore, the Jews got royally fucked over by the British.

I would think the first wave of Jewish settlers between 1882 and 1903 into Palestine would be a monumental Jewish event.

The founding of the state of Israel in 1948 is arguably the most important Jewish event in modern times.

What about the Yom Kippur war in 1973?

Yom Kippur doesn't fit their post-hoc fitting of the 50 year Jubilee increments, you have to cherry-pick the right dates to make it work silly. Big Grin

Oh and we're supposed to not notice the blatant post-hoc cherry-picking they're doing to make it all work. As you were........ Knights who say NI!

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
15-02-2017, 12:59 PM
Does anyone even know in which writing this "prophecy" was supposed to have been?
15-02-2017, 02:05 PM
(15-02-2017 12:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Does anyone even know in which writing this "prophecy" was supposed to have been?

It's rather murky, from the article I linked to in an earlier post:

The rapid embracement of the Ten Jubilees Prophecy is a clear indication of how gullible Christians can be. Consider these facts:

1. Where was this lost Prophecy found?

2. Why hasn't a copy of it been presented to the public for review?

3. Who is the person who wrote the original article for Israel Today? It was signed, Ludwig Schneider. This man has been identified in various places as "a German language scholar" and a "Pentecostal pastor." I could find evidence of neither. His entry in Wikipedia simply states that he is a German journalist and a Messianic Jew who founded Israel Today magazine.

4. Who translated the prophecy? Even if Ludwig Schneider is a "German language scholar" that does not mean he could translate medieval German dating back 800 years ago. How many English professors could translate the English of Chaucer just 600 years ago? The answer is very few.

5. Ludwig Schneider never makes a claim in his article that he was the one who found the prophecy or that he was the one who translated it, despite the fact that the proponents of the prophecy say he both found and translated it.

6. Ludwig Schneider refers to Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel as "a top Talmudic scholar." There is no evidence of this. In fact, in the Jewish Encyclopedia he is identified as a person who focused his writing on ethics and who considered the study of the Talmud "to be fruitless."

7. The Ottoman Empire did not come into existence until 1299, 82 years after the death of Rabbi Samuel. How could he know about an empire that did not exist at the time he supposedly wrote the prophecy?

I think it is obvious that this is a bogus prophecy that someone made up recently and attributed to Rabbi Samuel.

It seems like an urban legend, when you try to find specifics about who wrote it, nothing is ever produced other than a pull quote that's from the original Israel Today article. There's never any reference to the original writings themselves.

[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
15-02-2017, 02:16 PM
(15-02-2017 02:05 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(15-02-2017 12:59 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Does anyone even know in which writing this "prophecy" was supposed to have been?

It's rather murky, from the article I linked to in an earlier post:

The rapid embracement of the Ten Jubilees Prophecy is a clear indication of how gullible Christians can be. Consider these facts:

1. Where was this lost Prophecy found?

2. Why hasn't a copy of it been presented to the public for review?

3. Who is the person who wrote the original article for Israel Today? It was signed, Ludwig Schneider. This man has been identified in various places as "a German language scholar" and a "Pentecostal pastor." I could find evidence of neither. His entry in Wikipedia simply states that he is a German journalist and a Messianic Jew who founded Israel Today magazine.

4. Who translated the prophecy? Even if Ludwig Schneider is a "German language scholar" that does not mean he could translate medieval German dating back 800 years ago. How many English professors could translate the English of Chaucer just 600 years ago? The answer is very few.

5. Ludwig Schneider never makes a claim in his article that he was the one who found the prophecy or that he was the one who translated it, despite the fact that the proponents of the prophecy say he both found and translated it.

6. Ludwig Schneider refers to Rabbi Judah Ben Samuel as "a top Talmudic scholar." There is no evidence of this. In fact, in the Jewish Encyclopedia he is identified as a person who focused his writing on ethics and who considered the study of the Talmud "to be fruitless."

7. The Ottoman Empire did not come into existence until 1299, 82 years after the death of Rabbi Samuel. How could he know about an empire that did not exist at the time he supposedly wrote the prophecy?

I think it is obvious that this is a bogus prophecy that someone made up recently and attributed to Rabbi Samuel.

It seems like an urban legend, when you try to find specifics about who wrote it, nothing is ever produced other than a pull quote that's from the original Israel Today article. There's never any reference to the original writings themselves.

I searched Jewish sources. Absolutely nothing comes up at all.