Dec 21, 2012

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Dec 21, 2012
As there are many different ideas on what will happen on that day, many of them include the idea that the Mayas, who ended their calender on that date. And that the world would end when that happened. If a Christian believed that, would it not be considered a sin? I think it would be because they are believing something that god did not do. The Mayans would probably believe their god would come and destroy the world.

Though I just think that they got to 2012 and said fuck it, that is a thousand years ahead. Smartass

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2012, 10:49 AM
RE: Dec 21, 2012
Something terrible with happen on that day. On that fateful morning, the sun will rise, showering all of us with deadly electromagnetic waves. This will go on for a few hours, baking anyone foolish enough to step outside. This will end when the sun sets, a calamity hopefully averted by staying inside.

Throughout this 24 hour period, the position of the moon will affect the Earth, creating tidal waves that destroy coastline castles haphazardly built, and any structures that come across the path of the waves. The waves will leave rows of dead bodies, lying on the beach. Worse, children will be possessed to pick up the corpses to be crafted into pieces of art.

Worse, the entirety of humanity ages by one single day, bringing all of us one day closer to our deaths. Oh the humanity.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 4 users Like robotworld's post
06-04-2012, 10:59 AM
(06-04-2012 10:33 AM)itsacow Wrote:  As there are many different ideas on what will happen on that day, many of them include the idea that the Mayas, who ended their calender on that date. And that the world would end when that happened. If a Christian believed that, would it not be considered a sin? I think it would be because they are believing something that god did not do. The Mayans would probably believe their god would come and destroy the world.

Though I just think that they got to 2012 and said fuck it, that is a thousand years ahead. Smartass
Seriously? Why would anyone believe that an effectively Stone Age people knew anything about the end of the world? They were keen observers of the motions of the sky and of the seasons, but that's all. These were, after all, practitioners of human sacrifice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2012, 03:02 PM
(06-04-2012 10:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 10:33 AM)itsacow Wrote:  As there are many different ideas on what will happen on that day, many of them include the idea that the Mayas, who ended their calender on that date. And that the world would end when that happened. If a Christian believed that, would it not be considered a sin? I think it would be because they are believing something that god did not do. The Mayans would probably believe their god would come and destroy the world.

Seriously? Why would anyone believe that an effectively Stone Age people knew anything about the end of the world? They were keen observers of the motions of the sky and of the seasons, but that's all. These were, after all, practitioners of human sacrifice.
Well, simply put, people are stupid.
Also on the other post, the earth is approaching the same plane as the center of the galaxy.(horizontally) Scientists fear that this will cause radiation to bombard earth.

Under Repair.
06-04-2012, 03:52 PM

[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
06-04-2012, 05:24 PM
(06-04-2012 03:02 PM)itsacow Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 10:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  Seriously? Why would anyone believe that an effectively Stone Age people knew anything about the end of the world? They were keen observers of the motions of the sky and of the seasons, but that's all. These were, after all, practitioners of human sacrifice.
Well, simply put, people are stupid.
Also on the other post, the earth is approaching the same plane as the center of the galaxy.(horizontally) Scientists fear that this will cause radiation to bombard earth.
No, we aren't; and no, they're not.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-04-2012, 05:53 PM
I AM GONNA HAVE A END OF THE WORLD PARTAAAYYY AND YOU ARE ALL INVITED!!!! Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes tazmin98's post
06-04-2012, 06:48 PM
(06-04-2012 05:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 03:02 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Well, simply put, people are stupid.
No, we aren't; and no, they're not.
My mistake, I researched and found that I was full of crap.

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
07-04-2012, 12:53 AM
(06-04-2012 05:53 PM)tazmin98 Wrote:  I AM GONNA HAVE A END OF THE WORLD PARTAAAYYY AND YOU ARE ALL INVITED!!!! Big Grin Big Grin
I had one for last years rapture, so much fun!
07-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Its the winter solstice...good place to stop a calendar if you were following the natural patterns of celestial motions.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
[+] 1 user Likes reverendjeremiah's post