December 15th, Hitchens. 1 year ago.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 11:20 PM by Logisch.)
December 15th, Hitchens. 1 year ago.
I understand that many people may not agree with all of his ideas and talks.... His debates and books....
However, I think it's undeniable that the man had the ability to stick to his guns and talk with sharp wit and tongue. Confrontational in debates, painful like a thorn in the side. Deeply witty, striking intelligence and had a great background of various ideas and beliefs and some very eloquent writing skills. His gestures and the way he could speak to people was sincere and well to the point. I always enjoyed the fact that he could use even the most simple examples of humanity and break them down and always kept putting the ball back in the court.

He certainly enjoyed himself in life and enjoyed helping others as well as debating others. I've enjoyed his writings and always will. However, I believe it apparently obvious he enjoyed his drinks and smokes.

I had just enough left for 1 small glass of scotch and wanted to save it for a good occasion. I can't think of a better drink than one dedicated to another that has affected the lives of others in good ways (and no doubt opened the eyes of many). To stick to his guns and views till the day he died I think takes great integrity.

(and one of my favorites from Dr. Lawrence Krauss.)

Cheers to Hitchens.
[Image: fra3K.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
17-12-2012, 10:56 PM
RE: December 15th, Hitchens. 1 year ago.
[Image: 382px-Rothmans_Cigarettes.jpg]

If I were a smoking man, I would smoke a pack of these for him (as Wikipedia has it, this was his brand). What an orator, writer, and inspiration. Like many people, I feel like I knew him. Miss you Hitch.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Near's post
18-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Most everyone on the forum loves Hitchtens, but politically, he stood for everything that I oppose. He was pro big government, wanting everything to be heavily regulated, and at the same time he has a war monger, supporting the wars we are fighting in the middle-east. Enough said...

18-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Balvenie, huh? A fine choice, laddie.

[Image: opforum1.png]