Decent Primate Evolution Primer Article

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Decent Primate Evolution Primer Article
This is a decent primate evolution primer meant to answer the age old "If apes evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?" question.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/tetr...l-monkeys/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
21-12-2015, 08:23 PM
RE: Decent Primate Evolution Primer Article
Because monkeys are good people.................

Seriously...................

Have you ever seen a monkey who stole your car, raped your wife, killed your kids and left a mess in your kitchen??????????????????

nope.........

Know why???

Cuz monkeys are good people.................

Note to the devout --- if you find this explanation ludicrous -- I ask you to look to Genesis -- with talking snakes, men made out of clay, and women made out of men's ribs.........................

And go kindly piss off..............

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Funny thing, english is one of the few languages that has a different word for both members of catarrhini. Most others would call them what is known as monkeys. Though I pretty much knew all of this, I enjoyed reading it. Thanks bro. Thumbsup

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-12-2015, 02:51 PM
(21-12-2015 10:26 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Funny thing, english is one of the few languages that has a different word for both members of catarrhini. Most others would call them what is known as monkeys. Though I pretty much knew all of this, I enjoyed reading it. Thanks bro. Thumbsup

Thanks. The Chinese have different words for monkeys (猴, hou) and apes (猨, yuan); however, they are often used interchangeably in vernacular fiction.
26-12-2015, 07:36 PM
I talked to a creationist nut case person who argued that humans weren't even animals or part of the animal kingdom. I'm serious. FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

So I don't think there's much of a chance that they're going to get very far in that link before their brain shuts down. They simply don't trust scientists.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-12-2015, 08:05 AM
(26-12-2015 07:36 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I talked to a creationist nut case person who argued that humans weren't even animals or part of the animal kingdom. I'm serious. FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

So I don't think there's much of a chance that they're going to get very far in that link before their brain shuts down. They simply don't trust scientists.

Not as bad as "we are not animals, we are mammals." They say this while ignoring the fact the only way to be a mammal is to be an animal.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-12-2015, 04:38 AM
I had a creationist tell me he could prove the Garden of Eden creation was true. He said we just had to count the ribs on a man, they would be one fewer on one side.

Hobo
28-12-2015, 11:55 PM
(28-12-2015 04:38 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I had a creationist tell me he could prove the Garden of Eden creation was true. He said we just had to count the ribs on a man, they would be one fewer on one side.

Hobo
I believed that. Then I turned 6 and read a book.
29-12-2015, 06:09 AM
I had a guy ask me that exact question some years ago. He was considerably older than me, and considered himself very intelligent. I was startled because I had never come across it before and thought he might be pulling my leg. He wasn't.

I did my best to explain to him how evolution works. Don't know if I got through. Unsure