Decided what we will name our son (whenever we have one).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Decided what we will name our son (whenever we have one).
Carbon

Yup, like the element.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like germanyt's post
13-01-2012, 03:31 PM
RE: Decided what we will name our son (whenever we have one).
Personally? I think that's pretty bad-ass. The witch inside reminds Name is Power; a child is actually entitled by the parents (and must find a name) but the relevance of such to rationality is that if you invest the child with bold entitlement while also naming the child in the empowerment of love... then it is win.

(I consider such, cause of my Gwynnie who named her child Apple; and the flocks of sheeple who baa eternal - how can someone curse their child with a name so obviously non-standard? I just told that story. Investment is always risk, love is always wreckage; but the alternatives - filling volumes - ain't even worth mentioning.)

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Should go with Titanium.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-01-2012, 03:38 PM
I wanted to name a girl Eurydesma and she would go by Eury. That is the genus name for the bivalve I am working with but the wife doesn't like it. My son is due in the next few weeks and I originally wanted to name him Harrison and he would go by Harry. This too got shot down by the wife. Mainly because my last name is Beard so my son would have been Harry Beard. I thought it was awesome but I got vetoed.

If you want some other interesting names, look up mineral names and adapt them from that, I have tried this too but the wife isn't keen on them either.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
13-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Also bad-ass is that my wife loves it.

Now if we were to have another girl we disagree. She likes the name Madison. I do too but I think it be cool to name here Novembre Rain. My wife's name is Septembre.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
13-01-2012, 03:40 PM
(13-01-2012 03:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I wanted to name a girl Eurydesma and she would go by Eury. That is the genus name for the bivalve I am working with but the wife doesn't like it. My son is due in the next few weeks and I originally wanted to name him Harrison and he would go by Harry. This too got shot down by the wife. Mainly because my last name is Beard so my son would have been Harry Beard. I thought it was awesome but I got vetoed.

If you want some other interesting names, look up mineral names and adapt them from that, I have tried this too but the wife isn't keen on them either.

Reminds me of a guy I went to high school with and his last name was Bize (bees). He said he was going to name his daughter Honey and his son Ray.

13-01-2012, 03:41 PM
(13-01-2012 03:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I wanted to name a girl Eurydesma and she would go by Eury. That is the genus name for the bivalve I am working with but the wife doesn't like it. My son is due in the next few weeks and I originally wanted to name him Harrison and he would go by Harry. This too got shot down by the wife. Mainly because my last name is Beard so my son would have been Harry Beard. I thought it was awesome but I got vetoed.

It is awesome, but she was right to veto it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Wait...

...is Septembre pregnant?

13-01-2012, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 03:47 PM by germanyt.)

I like the nickname Eury.
(13-01-2012 03:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait...

...is Septembre pregnant?

Nope. Just future planning I guess.
She did disagree thought when I said his middle name should be Dioxide.

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
13-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Personally I'm a fan of "Khalon"

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!